Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has one? I am potentially getting a new F-350 Regular Cab Long Box diesel to replace my '97 and will be putting a plow on it as well. I just wondered if it would be worth upgrading to the X-Blade as compared to the old style that I have now. Chris

·
Registered
415 Posts
Jcurtis has one I know and he said he loves it
Maiden Voyage of the new truck and plow has been great so far. OH and By the way, The Fisher XBlade IS EVERYTHING that they say it is. Plows great, excellent roll off and back drags like a champ.
On another note, will you be selling your other Ford? I'm looking to buy one. Let me know thanks.
Eric

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
This weekend was also my first storm 18+ inches with my new truck and stainless steel X blade . I really like the x balde . It scrapes much better than my old 8'HD . THe higher moldboard and curve seem very effective , The curb/ wear shoe design works nice . to bad I can use them once I get a chance to install the U edge

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's awsome. They look like a mean setup. Thanks for the input. Just another quick one, how much more are the X-Blades? Are they a lot more than the standard 8'HD? Thanks again, Chris

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
My SS X blade with the FishStick was $3950 $ 300 more than the HD . For 300 dollars extra you cant go wrong. THe cutting edge is 70 and the curb/wear shoes are $125

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
I have my XBlade on a 200 GMC 2500.

I have always used Fisher Plows on my personal trucks, although I have driven other people's rigs with Meyers and Western
(when Western was a seperate company)

I can honestly say that Fisher has done it right with the XBlade!!!

I like it, I like it alot !!!! It does everything they say it will. The inmproved angle is much more aggressive, curls snow off faster, and being heavier helps the scraping and backdragging as well.

with Timbrens and a Fishstick controller, mine ran $4100 installed.

If I were you, I would get one !!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Upstatedieselguy, I see that you live in the same small city as me. I bought the X-Blade last year and I love it. It was only about $300-$400 more than the HD. If you want to take a peak at one let me know.:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uh Oh and so begins the Fulton County Rat Pack. Good to see that I'm not the only one around here that does this stuff and is also online. Chris

·
Registered
85 Posts
X blade

I would recommend spending the extra money to upgrade to the X blade. I also have one and love it!

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Welcome to SC ,Myoder. Check out the Ma Plowers thread we are trying to set up meet in Burlington on Jan 17

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Hoagie

times 2 is even better . I like how they clean up real nice after a storm You need to get a silver lifting arm for the X blade in the front

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah B.... I had an old style blade, sold it and swaped out the X... bought the second complete. I'm just gonna paint the old arm when it warms up a bit. They have a pretty close match in the auto paint section at walmart.

They do clean up sweet... drag better, scrape better, roll better... now if I could just get these pro-wings mounted I'd be set!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts