Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I am currently wrapping up my project truck. I have been working on it for about a year. I started with a bare 1976 K20 Chassis. Everything was on it minus the body and engine. My question is, it has a Turbo 350 tranny. What is the electrical connection for that is on the passenger side near the cooling lines for? Next question. I have Three wires that are strung together in the cab thatt I have no idea what they go to. They are black, White, and Gray. I purchased an 1987 cab that was that was gutted. The guy that removed everything did a great job at not wrecking and snipping any wires but this set. From what I can tell, the Black is a ground, the gray is hooked up to the lights and the white, well, I'm not clear on yet. The all plug right into a port in the fuse block labeled ACC and LGHTS. I would just like to know where the snipped end belongs. I thought maybe a lighted floor shifter console for the Transfer Case shifter. But I am not familiar with the floor console that was there. Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help.

Don

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have an 87 Chevy and the floor console does have a lighted indicator for the transfer case shifter, but I don't know what color wires go to it. Where do the snipped ends lead towards (front of cab, middle, back)? I can pull the shifter off and take a look if no one else has a better guess. Someone may have a manual (Chuck?) who could check out a schematic for you. I just moved into our new home this October and my manual(s) are still in a box somewhere...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Deerman. I am pretty sure it is for a console after what you told me. The wires are about the right length for that application. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts