Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used S-10's and Sonoma's for plowing drives and light landscaping duty in the summer. I'm looking for another little vehicle, so I thought I'd look into a Jeep as an option and compare to a Sonoma.

Couple of things I learned today. First, Jeep apparently will void the warranty if you put a plow on it. Yet, I went to a dealer today that had a Jeep in the lot with the plow (Meyer) already mounted.

Second, the dealer tells me that GM stopped making regular small pick ups. The Sonoma is now only available with a crew cab. They stopped making standard pick ups in mid '03. Is this correct? I can't believe they won't offer a regular or extended cab small pick up. Maybe this has been discussed before, but I was floored when the dealer told me this. I'm hoping the dealer didn't know his own business. Maybe I'll have to find a year or two old truck.

I'm thinking Jeep, but not sure now because of the warranty. Anyone else buy a Jeep and have problems voiding the warranty?

I think I'm going to put a 6' 8" SnoWay on the Jeep or small pick up.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Unless jeep has changed something in the last year or two, I know they used to warranty plows on the standard warranty. I also know that the extended warranty they offered, did not cover plows.

But I am certain they covered plows in 2000! I will try and find my purchase aggrement, because I had them put it in writting before I bought the truck.

Chuck B.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I found the letter!

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
here's Chevys new replacement for the s10. awesome little truck!

Colorado

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
The i5 in the new Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon has 220hp and 225lb/ft of torque. More hp that the 4.3 (190) in the S-10/Sonoma, but less torque(250). Also, they look nice on the outside, but much like the S-10/Sonoma, are kinda cheap on the interior (worse if you ask me).

03 was the last year that they offered extended cab or regular cab s-10/sonomas. 04 are available in quad cab only.

Knowing what I know about my ZR2 pickup (2000) and the Colorado...I would rather buy a year or 2 old S-10 than a Colorado. S-10 would be cheaper too. ZR2's come with rear locker standard and if you can live with IFS, its not a bad little truck. Definitely get timbrens for it though or your balljoints will hate you when you put a plow on it as they already hate me w/o a plow.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Snoworks said:
I found the letter!
Snow works that letter only states that the dealers warrenty manger will warrenty the work.

She canot speak for the manufactuor,Allthough as long as she is working for that company she can aprove the warrenty.If you had to go to a different dealer they would not have to warrenty a problem they feel was caused by running a plow.

Notice I said they feel was caused by a plow.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Ditto Ihatetoplow. (BTW, what kind of screen name is that to be hanging out with us plow lovers??? :( :confused: )

Also, the document technically does not mean anything since intact was spelled so wrong. Any Chrysler lawyer would probably easily be able to get that thrown out if someone took them to task on a warranty claim? I would try to get more official documents from the manufacturer in such situations?

Lawn Lad,
Its sounding like you will have to decide which is more important to you - having the right tool for the application, or having a warranty that covers that tool. Or settle for an older truck that is past warranty anyway, but that you know will get the job done?Good luck in your search.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts