Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some help? probably simple fix but a little confusedII i had my 80 chevy redone , new front clip, all new sheet metal, when they did body work, they removed the buttons inside the door housing that make dome lite come on, cut the wires!! i found a orange& white wire running from lite switch to fuse box, up to dome both hot, but will not work with lite switch, i know i can make it simple with toggle switch, but how???? also i have chilton book does not tell ne what # bulb to use? its 2 prong bulb i filiment stumped???? thanks Campi !!! need to have inside light working to find beverages & food when plowing !!!!!:headwall let it snow !!!!!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Hey Campi
The circuit is a ground actuated circuit. THe switches ground the light. If you pull the kickpanels you might luck out and find them. They come down the ;A" post and in my 84 were yellow. two on the left and one on the right side. THe headlamp switch also grounds the circuit so you might have more than one wire cut.
You can run a switch if you wanted to but i would try to trace the wire from the headlamp switch to the dome lamp. The switch itself could be bad so you could ground that wire and check for operation. As far as the number bulb i know what they look like but not the number. Sorry.

;)

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
The orange wire is the hot feed to the dome lamp(s).The white wire is ground,and goes to both door pin switches,and the headlamp switch for dome control.

Without the pin switches grounded,or the dome turned on the the headlamp switch,you have no ground,so both sides of the dome lamp will show hot.Ground the white side and the light will come on.

You need to find the white wire in the kick panel and connect that to your pin switch.

I think the dome lamp bulb should be a number 211.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks,plo dak, wyldman, i found white wire in kick panel on drivers side, cant find the one for pass side i will try the things you told me to do, the pin switches are mia ! could i use a toggle switch work???? i dont need the light to cone on when i open the door just need it at nite when looking for some thing!!! thanks again, Campi !!!!!!

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Do you not have the option to turn the headlamp knob all the way to left to activate the dome lamp ?

If not,any simple switch to connect the white wire to ground will do the trick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts