Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First I apologize if this in the wrong location, First time posting so if I'm doing it wrong just let me know and I'll correct it.

So was I online and found a western uni-mount 7.5 plow for $400 and figured i could is it for myself and a few friends. Its only $400 I'm not losing anything. Well it came off of a 95 gmc yukon. I made new brackets so the truck side mount fits on my truck like it was originally intended and holds the plow perfect. Now I'm dealing with wiring, I believe i have it 70% wired just a few spots I'm not sure on. Wiring is only difficult because instead of letting me unhook and take pictures and notes he went and cut the wiring since he didn't wanna wait till the next day. So wiring I have completed so far Headlights are wired and work when i turn on mine as well as turn signals (all can be easily disconnected). Controller is a sam 6 pin (i will include a picture in case I'm mistaken on the name) which is hooked up to the pump correctly (3 wires). So the part i cant understand on the installation is the brown/red wire, black/orange wire, and the red wire (remaining 3 on remote) I have an understanding were they go but i don't wanna burn anything up by just hooking them up. The other issue is I have is the heavy gauge black and red cables from the Meyer e47 pump (now they have ring terminals on the end and i assume go to the battery) now other than those two cables (pos,neg) and the three wires from the pump valves (going to remote) that is all the wiring coming from the pump and i feel like i am missing another wire and i am sure it runs to the solenoid and i'm not sure how to hook up the portion either.

Again i apologize if this is in the incorrect spot. this is my first post and i tried to include all the detail i could, but if i need to clarify anything further just let me know. Thank you for all your help and wisdom.

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
What are the chances you can take a few pictures and post them of the wires you are talking about?
I do see that you have a 6 pin replacement controller but I did just read you have a Meyer power unit on your Unimount set up? Not sure that's going to work out for you.
Anyway hope to see a few pictures so I can try and help you out.

:rolleyes: John...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wiring

sry if im not so quick to reply 4 kids and being a mailman dont get much free time.

ok so i have made a little progress i got a new solenoid (i believe its the correct one). and i have it all hooked up as follows. Pump valve wires (3) going to remote, pump negative cable to negative on the battery, pump positive cable to large lug on solenoid, other large lug on solenoid to battery, small lug on solenoid to white switch wire on remote, orange wire on remote is grounded, and blue wire on remote to positive terminal on battery with a toggle switch, also i was told i needed to put a jumper wire on the solenoid (large lug to battery to small lug with switch wire from remote)

If other pictures are needed the i will do my best to get them.

Attachments

·
Registered
832 Posts
Your right with your wiring for the power unit except that you want to connect the blue wire to an keyed ign source so that you don't drain your battery if you leave the controller on and in float.
Also is that the controller in your picture that your using?

:rolleyes: John...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that is the remote I'm using and I have a 4 lug solenoid but it's a western one and I dont think it works so I have ordered a 3 lug meter one and I have switched the blue wire to a keyed hookup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok got it working perfectly. The issue was the 4 lug solenoid, I switched it to the 3 lug meyer one and it's good to go. Thanks for all the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts