Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, new here. I’m having an issue wiring my new Buyers (snodogg) controller to my straight blade Plow. The Plow and pump do not belong with the controller but I decided to take a chance and try and wire the thing together to take advantage of the ease of use with this type of controller. The controller is the 12 pin handheld type. I identified what each of the contrôler wires did and was going to take it from there and route the controller wires to the appropriate location. I don’t see a need for an extensive wiring harness like most set ups as I am not involving headlights etc. Just side to side for now. Now my pump is a run of the mill double acting pump with the typical 2 wires to the solenoid and 1 wire to each valve. The 4 wire, 2 button remote that came with the pump works fine. What is confusing me is that the Buyer controller has a dedicated wire for right, up, down/float and motor that come on with the motor simultaneously but there is no dedicated wire for the left valve. Is the problem that my pump and Buyers pumps do not act the same when it comes to angling left. Need your help pls

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Hi, new here. I’m having an issue wiring my new Buyers (snodogg) controller to my straight blade Plow. The Plow and pump do not belong with the controller but I decided to take a chance and try and wire the thing together to take advantage of the ease of use with this type of controller. The controller is the 12 pin handheld type. I identified what each of the contrôler wires did and was going to take it from there and route the controller wires to the appropriate location. I don’t see a need for an extensive wiring harness like most set ups as I am not involving headlights etc. Just side to side for now. Now my pump is a run of the mill double acting pump with the typical 2 wires to the solenoid and 1 wire to each valve. The 4 wire, 2 button remote that came with the pump works fine. What is confusing me is that the Buyer controller has a dedicated wire for right, up, down/float and motor that come on with the motor simultaneously but there is no dedicated wire for the left valve. Is the problem that my pump and Buyers pumps do not act the same when it comes to angling left. Need your help pls
you will have to tell us the original manufacturer of your plow , pump and controller.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Buyer sounds like it is wired up for a Meyer snow plow, For one of the angle functions, it only runs the pump motor, no valve.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you say that some plow set ups run the motor alone to angle left than that is the controller set up that I have. Any suggestions how I would operate a pump that requires the valves to come on for both left and right with this controller. ?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It did come with a two button 2 button controler and it works fine. I spent quite a bite of $$ on the buyer controller for ease of use and to latter have additional switching for the up and down function. I guess my only issue/ question is figuring out a way to allow left angling using the new remote that only energized the motor when pushing the left angling function.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes Kind of...Plow and single acting cylinders are from Curtis. It was manufactured for a Kubota utv that uses the on-board hydraulics. The pump i installed on the Plow is hydro tek, see above for details on that. It’s all being installed on a can am utv

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes the hydraulic system is for up and down. More suited for a dump trailer, I understand that but it works for this small Plow with its controller, just trying to allow functionality with the new controller meant for a buyer Plow

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Yes Kind of...Plow and single acting cylinders are from Curtis. It was manufactured for a Kubota utv that uses the on-board hydraulics. The pump i installed on the Plow is hydro tek, see above for details on that. It’s all being installed on a can am utv
I don’t think this going to workout. It sounds to me without a more advanced manifold you will get either up/down or left/right given number of valves you have...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Do you mean with the new controller or not at all. Seems to work ok (left right) with the controller that the pump came with, but I haven’t been in the snow with it yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what I see so far, I think I’ll do that. I may just keep the new controller for future Plow projects

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly what I need. Nice and compact too. What do you think one of those would set you back

1 - 19 of 19 Posts