Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I accidently switched my plugs on my under the tailgate spreader 92440SSA when I switched to another truck the other day. I checked everything yesterday before the storm here and it was in reverse the auger.... So I ran it adjusted the speed etc for a short time until I realized.... I switched the wires back to the correct position but now Im hearing a noise that Im not sure if was there or not before the wire issue, coming from the motor or gear box. So my controller threw a red LED for the auger before shutting it down. Now it works but Im wondering if anyone has had this issue before and whether there may be damage to the gear's or motor etc. I've read people doing this but no one has mentioned any damage. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had a grinding sound on my Saltdog. Took off the cover to expose the gears. There was some metal flakes where some of the gears broke. I cleaned everything up, got rid of the metal flakes and really coated the gears with the grease they had packed in. Works fine now. No grinding sounds.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a grinding sound on my Saltdog. Took off the cover to expose the gears. There was some metal flakes where some of the gears broke. I cleaned everything up, got rid of the metal flakes and really coated the gears with the grease they had packed in. Works fine now. No grinding sounds.
Although I bought a new one I'm giving to do the same so I have a spare hopefully it works like your did without me buying a new motor ty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts