Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not sure this belongs in this forum, but the Off-Topic forum wouldnt be the right one either. How many of you guys stand up your wiperarms so the wiperblades dont freeze to the windshield before a snowstorm or snow/rain/icy mix? Its a good idea to do this for 2 reasons. 1. You wont have stuck wiperblades when you come outside to the truck. 2. You dont take the chance of breaking the wiper linkage or hurting the wipermotor if you come outside, start up the truck, and immediately try to turn on the wipers without thinking they may be frozen to the windshield. I sometimes forget to stand them up before a storm, but I never forget to check them first to see if their stuck before turning on the wipers when I start the truck. Just a little tip for you guys who never thought of doing this. Mike :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Pre-storm is the only time the truck sleeps in the shop,nice and dry/warm the next day,ready for battle:burnout

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well wiseguy, not ALL of us have a nice cozy shop for our trucks to sleep in! :D My truck sits outside. We have a 2 car garage here. My car is in one garage and my fathers car is in the other one. ;) Mike

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hey,she only sleeps inside before a storm,other than that she fends for herself outside:D
BTW-get rid of that show boat car and you'll have room for ol'faithfull:shades :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Nah,last i heard there was only 1288 made so i'm not sure were you got that thing from:D

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL! Actually, there was a little over 3200 SS's made in the 1997 model year, broken up into 5 colors. Red, white, black, green, and teal. Green and teal were the most rare, with red and black being the most common, white somewhere in the middle. Mine being a red 97 SS, 6 speed stick with t-tops, makes it 1 of 243. But then it gets broken down even more, because you had 2 choices for the interior color, dark gray or tan. Then you could get either color in leather or cloth. Mine has dark gray leather. My friend had a white coupe 97 SS automatic with t-tops, his car was 1 of 58!!! Too bad he crashed it. :( Sorry for getting off topic, but you just got a very good lesson in Camaro SS's, lol!! Mike :cool:

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
MIKE...A question on those SLP Camaros.

Didn't the first bunch come with no AC ?
I have read that GM would not put AC in them for
some reason?.....................geo

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Geo, I honestly never knew or heard about that ever before. Every SS I ever saw had AC. The first year was 1996 and the last year was 2002. Where did you hear or read that?? Mike

·
Registered
660 Posts
sonjabb,

I think you "may" be confusing them with the 1LE option of earlier years. It was the TOTAL STRIPPO model. Mainly bought for showroom stock racing.

Mike, how much you asking for it?

I was real close to buying a late model Camaro. Right now, they're just not practical for me. But the new GTO sure looks tempting!

·
Registered
610 Posts
im always fearfull of the arm smacking the windshield
and cracking it
on my fleet they wont stand up anyway
john

·
Registered
620 Posts
No we don't stand them up either. I'm lucky if I can get my guys to check the oil once in a while!

·
Registered
146 Posts
My 69 Camaro SS did not come with ac! It was am option that year! ac takes power! Extra belt, pollys, ! That was GM's thoughts! Great thought on wipers!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Oh, and as for the wiper thing, I only stand them up when it's going to be a freezing rain/ICE condition.

When its just snow, I go out and start it up. Put both defrosters on, close door. Grab giant car wash brush (soft bristle 6' long handle) and push snow off ENTIRE truck. Then I get my Snow/Ice extendable truck scraper/squeegie out of the truck and scrape if needed. By the time I've done that, I head back inside to grab some Mountain Dew and come out, the cabs all warm, windows defrosted and READY TO PLOW!!!

·
2,029 Posts
TLS.......THATS IT ! The 1 LE option............NO AC!

In the 80s I had a 85 & 88 T/As...89 Vette......
All Caddies after that..........

But still have my 72 GTO since 1974.....toooo long
Maybe I shoulda bought that 68 Yenko for $2400
instead......Worth 50k plus now!.............geo

The newer GM pickups the wipers will not stand up.
There is no more detent in the wiper arm any more.
My 01s stand up thoo......................

·
Registered
610 Posts
snojabb
on speed vision they had an auction from las vegas
a yenko camaro went for 135k

john

·
2,029 Posts
JOHN.........I hear ya.............after i wrecked my 67 Chevelle
396 good ol dad wasnt happy. Esp. me getting a 427 68
Camaro..............So I got the goat instead !......LOL.....geo

BTW: Will be in Philly Tuesday for x-mas. Will call or stop
by your shop!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is a good thread! Its got a little bit of everything in it! :D TLS, I will PM you with the info you asked for, I dont want this thread to turn bad and be moved to the For Sale/Wanted section. :) Mike :)

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hey Mike,before you go selling that thing make sure everyone knows it's only a model:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts