Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys like for the winter? I have always turned to Carhartt for my gear.

Geoff

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oh man,now were gonna hear about Chucks survival list:D Just kiddin Chuck:p

·
Registered
49 Posts
If I have to spend time outside, I wear a Full CKX Racing snowmibile gear, Jacket bibs, gloves boots.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Colombia gore-tex jacket and pants with Carhartt vest and blue jeans underneath, sealskinz gloves, Red Wings boots for driving, and Colombia pak boots for standing and fixing stuff. Good 'ole USMC black wool watch cap to keep the noggin warm.

Pete :D

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
My lined LL Bean pants or ****ies

A vest or Lined flannel jacket

Baseball cap

Gloves

and either a t shirt or long sleeve t shirt under the jacket.

and a nice pair of Timberland boots.

Jay

·
Registered
101 Posts
Lined jeans and some flannel. I've been known to where my snowmobile clothing (including helmet) while snowblowing on those real windy, nasty days......

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I run blue jeans with my work boots. Usually a chamois or flannel with a t-shirt underneath. I do keep the sorels in the truck with the old carhart bibs and coat. Just in case i need to pull some jackass out of the way at the apartments we do.:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Long underwear, jeans, long-sleeve shirt, flannel shirt(in the truck) and Carhartt overalls and jacket in the back seat in case.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
cold weather gear

just about any cold weather gear from Cabella's or REI work for me

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I too wear Carhartt's.

They are made from thick material, it seems to last longer than regualr jeans, or 'knock-off' type jackets, bibs or the like.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i have one of the newer carhartt extremes. its a little stiff but i havent got wet yet. i really like it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
carhartt jacket and gortex boots polly pro long johns and jeans

·
Registered
866 Posts
Long johns, jeans, turtleneck and a flannel shirt, I carry my Arctic weight Carharts with me as well (bibs and jacket). I ve been wearing them the last couple of days trimming trees down by the lake in the wind and they've kept me nice and warm, and I haven't even dug my long johns out yet!!

Now if they could only make them in camoflauge for hunting.....

LOL!

Bill

·
Registered
445 Posts
Jeans, hooded sweatshirt, and gortex boots with Carharts behind the seat. Oh I can't forget 2 sets of gloves, and a pair of sunglasses:cool:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Carhartts are just plain cold! They wear like rhino skin but they are not warm at all..... even my "Arctic" version jacket! When I was a lineman, winter punished me in those things until I turned to man-made materials. The man-mades will tear easier but they are light and darn warm! The trick was to get a thin "synthetic" jacket as a liner and then put the Carhartt over it for the abuse and abrasion.
As for boots, anything with gore-tex or the like and Thinsulate! Lightweight, warm, and agile to walk in. Canadian style packs boots are clumsy, cold, and heavy. Polypropylene underwear is good too!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Polypro thermals with waterproof skipants, thinsalate snowboots ($40.00 Walmart). Polypro thermal top with cotton shirt and thermal hooded sweatshirt. Carhartt on seat next to me (cant wear it or i'll sweat like a pig) rain jacket behind seat. All this stuff no wonder I plow with the window all the way down most of the time!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Jeans, and flannel shirt or wool sweater. Columbia boots, down jacket, 3 pair of gloves. Carhart overalls behind the seat for bad stucks.:p

1 - 20 of 80 Posts