Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Chev Kodiak Model C7 7000 Medium Duty Dump Truck that I've been using on the farm. I would like to put a used snow plow on it to plow snow in the cows winter coral and roads on the farm. I found a used Western Hydro-turn 10' straight plow but I'm not sure if I'd be able to use it with my truck. I called Western customer service and they indicated it probably has a unimount blade/universal mount. Before I buy the plow I thought I'd ask the experts here to validate that this plow would work on my truck. I'm not sure what the unimount system is. Any idea's what I'd need to do/modify/fabricate to attach this plow to the truck. Since this truck won't be going off the farm, I'm not worried about the lights but I would need to get the hydraulics working to turn the blade up/down/left/right. I've never installed a plow on a medium duty truck so I'm a bit new to this. Thanks for the help!

Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Mode of transport

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Grass Plant

Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Electrical wiring

Electrical wiring Wood Gas Flooring Wire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it should pass on it, you need to find a plow that’s more suited to the truck that you have
Yes, I think that's what I will do. I posted this also in the plowsite.com forum and many indicated I should put a commercial/municipal type plow on my Kodiak. So, now I'm searching the web for that kind of plow. Thanks for the tip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts