Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a new rotating light for my truck the last storm someone cut the wire and stole the light. Thank god it was the cheap $20 one. But im looking for a twin one with a hight visability. I here the fs-2000 highlighter but i cant find that model. can anyone help me, i'd like to be safe on the next snowfall, i didnt like going through the last one without one. Thanks

Rich:burnout

·
Registered
98 Posts
I just bought a FS mini rotator. It's the magnet mount with suction cups. It's the best removable light I have found. The magnets are strong and the suction cups protect the roof. I chose the rotator over the strobe because of personal preference.

email or pm me. I bought it from a dealer that had a display at the Marlboro snow & ice show last month

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was at the snow and ice show too but all that I saw for lights was the whelen booth

·
Registered
98 Posts
There was a local fisher/GM dealer that had them on his display table, both the 2 light strobe and rotating. After I looked around the show and found that the FS was the best made and had the best mount I called his dealership's part department and they shipped one to me the next day.

·
Registered
98 Posts
There was a local fisher/GM dealer that had them on his display table, both the 2 light strobe and rotating. After I looked around the show and found that the FS was the best made and had the best mount I called his dealership's part department and they shipped one to me the next day.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well this is what i ordered

Highlighter™

Highlighter™ Mini Rotator Bars offer traditional styling.
These mini lightbars from Federal Signal combine 2-55 watt halogen rotators and an angled mirror to produce 270 brilliant flashes per minute. The Highlighter measures 15 3/4”L x 7”W x 5 5/16”H and includes a rugged polycarbonate base and lense. Magnetic mount style includes four super-strong magnets and a cigarette lighter and cord.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the cost was $99.99 plus $6 shipping

·
Registered
473 Posts
I love my hidaways, turn them on and pleanty of light, turn them off and you would never know:shades

·
Registered
98 Posts
76chevyman said:
well this is what i ordered

Highlighter?

Highlighter? Mini Rotator Bars offer traditional styling.
These mini lightbars from Federal Signal combine 2-55 watt halogen rotators and an angled mirror to produce 270 brilliant flashes per minute. The Highlighter measures 15 3/4?L x 7?W x 5 5/16?H and includes a rugged polycarbonate base and lense. Magnetic mount style includes four super-strong magnets and a cigarette lighter and cord.
That's the one I have, you got a good price. You'll like the light.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just a future reference for someone who may run into this thread looking for where to get the FS-2000. I have one of this unit and they are the best mini-lightbar that I have ever seen! Awesome unit. Incredible bright and effective, with nice dome design that help distribute the lights out nicely. Works great in very heavy snowfall too.

I have seen a few Highlighters, and while they are good unit, I believe that FS-2000 is a much better choice for just a few extra bucks. If you get one, you would not be disappointed. I know I am very happy and satisfied with this unit.

Here is the link to where I ordered it for $136. They are good people to deal with.

http://www.pse-lights.com/details.asp?prodid=fs2000&cat=5&path=5

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got it from Awdirict. com they were the best price i found. :cash

·
Registered
382 Posts
AWESOME. I have it on Cycle where it switches between each flash pattern after 5 seconds. There are 4 patterns but each can be run at two dif. speeds so in my eyes it's actually 8. Patterns: Double flash (170 flashes per minute); Quad flash (140 flashes per minute); Mega Flash (700 alternating flashes per minute & Cycle flash (cycles through double, quad and mega). I would highly reccomend this light. I did some research and for the look I wanted and the patterns I liked this was the best choice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts