Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the 3rd owner of the Sno Pro 2000 mounted on a 91 GMC. (Yes, this is the original truck on which it was installed. I pulled the assy out of the frame to purge the old fluid and clean the screens, etc. There is a magnet 1" x 3/4" x 3/16" thick that was just stuck to the bottom. The parts illustration shows this magnet, but doesn't show where it goes. (The local dealers can't help me, and when I called Curtis, the guy laughed and said I had a "Dinosauer".

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
If it is like Western, it goes right where you found it. So it traps steel particles at the bottom, not allowing them to circulate through the system.

A lot of transmissions have one in the pan too, for the same reason.

Welcome to the site!

~Chuck

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Like Chuck said,its common for mfg to place it anywhere in the bottom of the sump to catch fine metal debris.The debris on it tells a story about the condition of the hydraulic system.A clean magnet or one with little fuzz is good.Either way,I'd clean it all up good while its out,and put it back in there. BTW Welcome to LTS!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, Unfortunately, this magnet was just laying on the bottom PLATE OF THE FRAME. I know it does no good there. Can I just drop it into the oil tank? It should attract and trap any particles that get through the system before they can flow back through again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts