Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. I'd like to set up two or three of my F350 dumps with pre-wet systems. All my trucks have two yard fisher sanders. I havent been able to find any small systems or any place to get parts to make my own. Any input would help. I'm in CT.

·
Registered
133 Posts
GLLC, Go to New York Tank Inc., and ask for Jim Yonkers, they custom built my system for me and shipped it out to CT. They were great to work with, built me exactly what I wanted, a combination Pre-wett, direct liquid application, two pumps both pumping out of the same tank. It works great and they gave me a good price. I would definatly recomend giving them a call. Just my two cents.

www.schmidtlawncare.com

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SLC1- I tried to find their website, but had no luck. Do you know it or have a phone number by any chance? By the way, do you have any pics of your system? Is it on a similar truck? How many gallons does it hold? Are you happy with it? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
GLLC, The name of the place is.
NY TANK INC.
P.O. Box 51
Weedsport, NY 13166
Phone: 1-315-834-6738
Fax: 1-315-834-8689
Toll Free: 1-800-988-5774
Email: [email protected]

www.nytankinc.com

My system holds 77 gallons. I think there is a picture of it on our website. If not and you want to come down and take a look at it you are more than welcome to. Let me know.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
that link does not seam to work for me

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SLC1, thanks for the fast response. Ive been trying to set this up for awhile. All the systems I found have seemed to be too big
(90+gallons). I checked out yours on the website, looks just like what Im looking for. Do you find the pre-treating to be effective?
What are you spraying; Magic O, caliber? Are you a distributor or know of a place I can get it besides Four Seasons Landscape in South Windsor and do you know how much it goes for? In the past we always had our bulk pile treated. I thought this might be more effective. thanks for the help.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The other link to the website should be
www.nyt1.com.

We are still experimenting with the different treatments.
Right now we are buying from Four Seasons Landscaping.
For Caliber M100 it is $2.00 and for magic it is a little bit less.
We also have the ability to make our own salt brine, and we have been trying all of them. We have not had a lot of luck with the direct liquid application on the pavement before storms, but we have not given up yet either, but for treating the material before it comes down the chute of the sander the system works great. We will keep trying till we find the right combination, right now it is all trial and error. Just my two cents

·
Registered
8 Posts
gllc

Our 70 gal. pre wetting system just arrived today.
It was built by NY Tank. You are more than welcome to take a look at it.
Give me a call if you want.
860-232-3807

1 - 12 of 12 Posts