Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very nice set up! How much lift do you have? How long have you been plowing with that truck? Has it held up well?

I'm just full of questions :grinz

-Henri

·
Registered
382 Posts
No lift it's all shocks. Just bought the truck last Sept. (on Ebay) so this is my first year with it. Last weekend we were out for 20+ hours and the truck ran fine. I was plowing up hills I did not think possible! The only problem I have is an undersized alternator (60 amp). It just dosen't cut it with everything running. Thanks, I should be posting more pics soon.:D

·
Registered
49 Posts
No pics yet but it is a 1989 Suzuki Sidekick with 6 ft meyers TM

Chained up in back, 6 cinder block and 6 sandbags in place of back seat, it is a manouverable little thing!

Needs more alternator juice though.
Ken

·
Registered
18 Posts
slowzuki said:
No pics yet but it is a 1989 Suzuki Sidekick with 6 ft meyers TM
Chained up in back, 6 cinder block and 6 sandbags in place of back seat, it is a manouverable little thing!
Needs more alternator juice though.
Ken
:eek: gotta see them pix!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I should mention it is just for one (big) driveway! Not commercial! I'd like to build a sandbox for the back of it so I can store sand inside, nice and dry while giving ballast.

Used it on our last storm, 30 cm or 12" and it worked well. I didn't have the chains on and it would still push. One spot I couldn't get a pile pushed back like I thought I should so I got out to look and nearly fell on my back it was so icy! Put the chains on and no problem.

With the ballast and rear chains it plows about equal to the dodge dakota it is replacing. The Dodge with a bed full of sand and chains sure pushed more!

I'll try and get some pics tonight when I replace the alternator.
Ken

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Nice little truck.One of the local dealerships uses old Suzuki's to plow their lot.I will have to snap a few pics next time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for the comments, truck was 400$, plow off a 1000$ Dakota that should sell for 800$. That gives 600$ into the rig, not bad for the use it gets. It is also easy to start, always!

The goal was no walk behind snowblower. A walk behind would take 2 hours for our yard, the Dakota used to take 1/2 hr, this is a bit faster just cause it can turn tighter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Plowed the first storm of the season last night. Did well but it was icy and I didn't have my chains on yet. I was able to plow up our steep hill but couldn't bust the bank from the road while pushing.

I used the neighbours tractor to do her driveway and it was too icy to blow going up, had to go down. Her daughters driveway is flat and I couldn't move with the blower down.

Need to get the 4wd driveshaft back into the tractor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have moved to a 50 hp kubota with cab so the plow gear will be coming off the tracker and moving to a skidsteer quick hitch. The tracker still runs fine but the tractor has a blower on the other end. Now I have several customers it is nice to have a choice.

My evolution of plowing:
Dakota
dakota4feb.jpg

Tracker c/w 6.5 ft plow
DSC07014.jpg

Tractor + 7 ft blower
00070003.jpg

TBA Tractor + Plow + Blower

·
Registered
347 Posts
Another Zuki !

Here one that we custom built the plow set up, it uses a ATV plow blade and the rest is standard cylinders, Fenner mini pump and custom made lift frame and push plates .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts