Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I mounted my plow in antisipation of the coming storm and the first plowable event. After mounting the plow I checked it's operation. When the plow was raised or angled the load on the truck was so great the truck would quit and I could not restart. In desperation and with snow coming down at between 2-3 inches per hour I was becoming desperate and decided I should change the alternator. 2 hours later with the engine covered in snow (no garage :headwall ) tried the plow again - same result. I was beat and I didn't need to go out till the morning so I went to bed. The next morning I knew I was going to have problems and didn't know what to do. You know what I did? I turned to snowplowing-contractors.com specificaly Wyldman (Chris) I left him a message on the site begging him to call me because I knew he would be able to help me. A little while later he called and he left me a message with a number for me to reach him, all this and he sounded terrible, said he had a cold. The truck was running better and seemed to mend it's ways and I decided not to call Chris back. The point is this - this site has all your answers and if not it has the people that do! Thanks Chris for taking the time and for helping make this site what it is.:)

Hope you feel better, Jim

P.S. I was out with my son for 8 hours today and loved every minute of it (so did he)

·
Registered
866 Posts
I can honestly say that I am PROUD to be a member of such a commmunity as this one. I have made several good friends and business contacts here. I also agree with what you said about wyldman- he is one of the highest caliber of people out there, and we are lucky to have him as a member here. I am glad to hear that your problem is "resolved" - I hope you can figure out what caused it and prevent it from happening. Hey- how did you make out with the plow hanging up when you went to remove it? Were you able to find any problems?

Bill

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's the angle of my driveway and where I drop the plow, I think the angle is offsetting the drive-in angle. I will move to more level ground and try again. Thanks and Happy Plowing!

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
DITTO this site is awesome.

The people here are all willing to help in any why they can. All the information is always creditable and relavant, and all of the moderators are consistant. Quality of threads and posts are much better here then the previous place I went when in need of good solid information.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
This is the best site around... its nice to have a place where everyone trys to help everyone...

·
Registered
596 Posts
I always said the same things about the other site, but the same is true of this one. (The difference is, the most helpful and active members belong to this site now.) If you needed to know what something underneath you truck looks like, there'd be a member here who'd gladly go outside in the middle of the night and roll around in the snow looking under his truck just so he could tell you the answer.

I figured out a while ago that one of the keys to happiness and success in any aspect of life is to "surround yourself with good people". That's what you get here....

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Great site

I think we have a Great Site along with a good list of members.:salute There is nothing better than getting help from any one of us to help you out. IMHO this site is Priceless. Thanks CHUCK :drinkup :drinkup plowing!

·
Registered
445 Posts
This site is the best and I also agree with what you have all said already so no need to repeat it.

Thanks Chuck and all the Mods for making this site what it is.:drinkup

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Computer $1000

Internet connection $10

Knowing You Can the info you need
from Snowplowing-contractors.com Priceless

l

·
Registered
866 Posts
Even better Seth-

Computer $1000
Internet Connection$10

The feeling of coming home to friends who care even though you have never met IRL (YET!) who are willing to go the extra mile-

PRICELESS!!!

Thanks to all who put their heart and soul into making this site what it is today- and to what it wil be in the future.

.:salute :salute :salute

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
I would have called earlier Jim,but I had no voice left whatsoever,and wouldn't have been much help.

Finally starting to get over this stupid cold\flu,a few more days and I should be back to normal.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Just registered after finding out where everybody went. Haven't been online much since last winter. Looking forward to the season and the new site. From first glance it looks better than the last.

·
Registered
333 Posts
this site is a 1000 times better than PS.why you say because there are members here that have many years in the snow plow contracting bizz.the other sites have 14 year old kids saying they have a fleet of trucks.when there father or in some cases there mother has a jeep or a pickup truck with a SNOBEAR plow.i know that this would never happen here i can just tell.but everyone here is awsome and i won't even tell my good friend about this site.because hes not snowplowing-contractors.com material hes PS material LOL LOL

P.S he subs for me now and i still won't tell him about this site LOL

·
Registered
866 Posts
He doesn't use a Snobear and make huge burms with it does he?

LOL! You are right- I went back the other day and what a mistake it was- I have never seen so much bashing and attacking going on. The moderators and Chuck do one hell of a job here, so once again-

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!:salute :salute :salute

Bill

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
the other site has defiantly went down hill fast... thankfully its now like that over here... everyone like to help here...

·
Registered
866 Posts
"thankfully its now like that over here... everyone like to help here..."

Me Tanto- who you?

LOL! I tolf you you were next up after me at the kicking post Seth!

Actually it's nothing at all like the other site- this site has comraderie, and you're right everyone Likes to help each other out.

Bill:burnout

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
whoops! now = not lol damn typos... Kicks Self... wow bill i didnt think i kicked ya hard enough to make ya think tanto was your name... i think i must have unleashed your 2nd personality lol but atleast htey both like snow... lol

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sorry Seth- I just re-read my post- that was directed at you- your post seemed to stumble a bit at the end- sounded like Tanto typing instead of you!

Guess I'm back at the kicking post again!!!!

LMAO!!

Bill:D :p :burnout

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
lol bill its amazing how quick the kicking post comes back around isnt it lol:burnout

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is great to find where everyone has gone. I used to look at the old site every day for the past 5 years, even though I rarely posted. I was wondering what happened to everyone. The other one has really gone downhill. Once again it is great to see familiar faces posting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts