Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not much going on int he Equipment forum so i wanted to try here as well.

Case Skid Steer
90XT Gross Engine Power 63 kW
85 hp
Rated Capacity 1111 kg
2450 lb.
Operating Wt. 4060 kg
8950 lb.
Bucket Hinge Pin Height 3.16 m
124.5'

Think this bucket is any good?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
what about the loader.. Loader has less HP then the Skid steer would the loader be bettr with a push bucet like that?

Case Wheel Loader
221D Net Engine Power 44 kW
59 hp
Bucket Capacity 1.0 cu m
1.3 cu yd
Lift Capacity Full Ht 2,655 kg
5,853 lb
Operating Wt. 5289 kg
11,661 lb
Hinge Pin Height 3182 mm
125.3 in

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
The loader even though it has less hp, its probly geared different. You thinking about buying one?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NOP.. Unless i want drive that to full time job instead of my truck.. I would have to leave a heck of alot earlier thats for sure..

I would lease or rent just for the winter.. I mainly do grass cutting in the green season and a bit of landscape and light sodding jobs so no real need and cant park it anywhere.

I want to be able to drive this from job site to job site so i can recover the cost of the unit and make a bit more money as well as have something to do removal of snow from the site's when required..

·
Registered
908 Posts
Think about this, look at the way the skid steer operator is dressed and then look at the loader operator. Skid steer "Cold, no heat", loader "Warm, with heat and radio". Have spent may a night in the loader with jeans and a t-shirt. Thers no way you would get me to run the skid steer for more than an hour without a good warm up break.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Crash

I was in a bobcat this spring for my Full time job Home Depot and i was claning out the snow from the garden center to get read and our store rented a bobcat and on the last day i drove it. I was so hot i had to wear a short sleve shirt in there.

You can get a Bobcat, Case & JD, Cat all with heated cabs. Thats what you would get.
I drive a lil john deere tractor for a guy now and i have to wear layers of cloathing and my toes freeze hands as well even in gloves it has a soft cab on it but the wind still gets in. This year he has got a bigger machine and its got no cab at all.

Next year i would like to get into snow work for myself and if my full time job wont allow it i will figure out what to do then.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Come on guys , you dont use loaders to clear snow or even bobcat's ???

Chris your an exception i know you use loaders..

Guys who is good Vovlo, John Deere, Case, Cat ?

Skid Steers
Bobcat, Case, Cat ?

Volvo L45 compact. Was looking at leasing a compact loader with 110hp 1398 lbf breakout force for the winter.
or
Volvo L50 100 hp with breakout force of 15695lbf lbf= Foot pounds of torque
Those are volvo's

Suposedly good low end torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts