Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if someone can tell me what rt3 mount this is? I purchased from a guy over the weekend for it to fit my 03 Chev 2500HD and he said it was the correct mount. I checked the dimensions Boss publishes and they come out to the 34" and 16-3/8", so I assumed it is the right mount. However after a closer look, the top surface of the rt3 tabs are straight where all of the mounts I see have a stepped surface. Also the side brackets don't match the mounting holes. Any help would be great if anyone has seen this? Is this possibly any early generation rt3 mount?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Super Moderator
911 Posts
K

does it fit your plow?
Yes-no.
As I really don’t see it being an issue as long as the pinholes are in the right place

as for the side brackets are you going to use those old bolts ?
Any of the other information you gave is correct it should correctly mount to your truck.

you can get a hardware kit from your boss dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K

does it fit your plow?
Yes-no.
As I really don’t see it being an issue as long as the pinholes are in the right place

as for the side brackets are you going to use those old bolts ?
Any of the other information you gave is correct it should correctly mount to your truck.

you can get a hardware kit from your boss dealer.

Yes it fits the plow. I agree it should work. I was just looking to see if anyone had any first hand experience with this mount off hand, maybe it's a first gen mount. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes it fits the plow. I agree it should work. I was just looking to see if anyone had any first hand experience with this mount off hand, maybe it's a first gen mount. Thanks for the input.
What is that bottom bolt toward the front on the DS bracket going through? There shouldn't even be a hole there in the side of the pushbeam where that bolt is.

The pushbeam and side plates were both redesigned at least once (twice? Three times? I forget exactly. It changed in both 03 and 07 I think) so I'm thinking those pieces are mismatched after someone bought the wrong piece while replacing either the pushbeam or side plate(s). How someone bolted them together at all though, I have no idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What is that bottom bolt toward the front on the DS bracket going through? There shouldn't even be a hole there in the side of the pushbeam where that bolt is.

The pushbeam and side plates were both redesigned at least once (twice? Three times? I forget exactly. It changed in both 03 and 07 I think) so I'm thinking those pieces are mismatched after someone bought the wrong piece while replacing either the pushbeam or side plate(s). How someone bolted them together at all though, I have no idea.
Yes someone scabbed it together and drilled and hole to "make it work". That is what I suspected was there was some earlier versions of the mount. Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts