Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a straight blade. She lifts and Lowers fine. Goes right without any issue. When i try to angle left, she goes right first, all the way then swings left. When she reaches all the way left, she goes right again. Sometimes she'll just keep swinging back and forth. Sometimes she stops When she's all the way left. But anytime the left control is first applied it goes right first. Is this the poppet check valve needing replacing ?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Thats.... weird. Could be the check valve but usually a major issue with it would keep the plow from angling at all. My gut guess is that the crossover relief valves are either screwed up or just backed all the way out causing the fluid to bounce back and forth is it reaches full extension, as if you hit something. But that is little more than a guess. If they will move, adjusting the crossover reliefs will cost you nothing to try first. If that doesn't help, id pull out the check valve and inspect it.

When did the problem start? Did you just purchase it?

I've seen cases where people pull out the check valve and the spring loaded pieces inside go flying, never to be seen again.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thats.... weird. Could be the check valve but usually a major issue with it would keep the plow from angling at all. My gut guess is that the crossover relief valves are either screwed up or just backed all the way out causing the fluid to bounce back and forth is it reaches full extension, as if you hit something. But that is little more than a guess. If they will move, adjusting the crossover reliefs will cost you nothing to try first. If that doesn't help, id pull out the check valve and inspect it.

I've seen cases where people pull out the check valve and the spring loaded pieces inside go flying, never to be seen again.
Your stupped? Say it ain't so.
I don't logically see how this can happen, but anything is possible, I guess.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Been running the blade a few years. Problem started last fall. Just wanting to fix her up for next season. Figured it would be a valve but thought I'd ask before going on a wild goose chase.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Been running the blade a few years. Problem started last fall. Just wanting to fix her up for next season. Figured it would be a valve but thought I'd ask before going on a wild goose chase.
Its definitely a valve issue but how something like that would happen without major fiddling around inside, I have no clue

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a straight blade. She lifts and Lowers fine. Goes right without any issue. When i try to angle left, she goes right first, all the way then swings left. When she reaches all the way left, she goes right again. Sometimes she'll just keep swinging back and forth. Sometimes she stops When she's all the way left. But anytime the left control is first applied it goes right first. Is this the poppet check valve needing replacing ?
What kind of plow? What type of controller? The controller distributes power simultaneous to the motor and the valves. Even if the check valve to cross over valve was bad, the motor should not run when not called upon to run.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts