Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best rotating mini light bar for the price?

I am looking for rotators over strobes. I like the projection effects of the rotators.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
I spent my hunderd bucks on a federal signal (FS) I'm happy with the light output.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Same here. I bought a federal signal highlighter. I paid a little over $100 for the suction/magnetic mount.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I wonder how many of you look at application. I have both the strobe and the rotating lights. I have found that in commercial areas the rotating light reflects off the buildings better and gives a great heads up if someone is around a corner. In my residential areas the strobe is nicer because it doesn't linger in the rooms as long.:) It's not as irritating apparently.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have a Federal Signal FS2000 mini-lightbar with 2 rotators and optics len. 150FPM rotators. Super bright output and very quiet because it is belt driven. One of the brightest mini-lightbar I have ever seen! :cool:

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use an ECCO 15" minibar

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I got an ECCO 5135 Evolution Lightbar. It's also belt driven, very quiet, 430fpm, but it pulls about 9amps. I paid about $130 for it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I got 2 highlighters. They have got to be the brightest minilightbars because they have the largest reflectors and give 80,000cp per rotator. I also have a new code 3 mini 420. Havent used it this year yet though.
Later,

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have a twin beam rotator- Aerostar- that I got off of E-bay for $35 dollars deivered. There was a little damage from UPS, but nothing I couldn't fix. The unit was brand new! Look around- it will take a while to go through all of the lights, but it's worth the time.

Bill

·
Registered
119 Posts
Another vote here for the Highlighter. It's definately bright and cheap.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the great feed back!

How about the Federal Signal FS-2000?

I can get one for $102 - is that good?

Thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update

Just an update.

I ordered the Federal Signal FS-2000 and they agreed to pay the shipping. Believe that!

It came today and I put it on the truck as soon as I had time. It looks great! I'm happy with it and would recomend it to anyone. It's very bright.
If Snowjoker stops by, I'll have him take a pic of it and post it here.

(Thats if I can get him away from the towns Osh-Kosh):D

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Oh Ya I will get some picks posted today of the light bar Bob:D

·
Registered
668 Posts
Another place you might try for light is www.strobesupply.com , I think they have a 15% discount running right now. Nice people, they'll give you the help you need.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I got a chance to try out the FS2000 this weekend in the storm and I am very impressed with the performance of this unit. It is extremely bright and effective. I am very happy and 100% satisfied with it. I won't be afraid to buy another one of them. :cool:

·
Registered
382 Posts
You shoud try one of our sponsors...........I found a few at the Northern Tool site by searching "lightbar"

:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts