Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get assigned to a lot that has been driven on and is non-treated and have to clear it , But I only have a plastic cutting edge.
Is it possible that I can clean the area down to the surface?
Its my first year with this edge.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I don't own a u edge but I know my fisher with a steel edge would have a hard time scraping that up. My old boss and western would get most of it up.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
It probably wont clear unless the sun can get to it . you would need down pressure to scrape that

·
Registered
447 Posts
Salt Salt Salt. If you could get a good amount of salt on it and some sunshine, you could clear that. Any blade no matter which edge is on it, is going to have a hard time with that. Just be sure to let your customer know that they are going to have some extra expenses. Or even if you eat some of the price for the salt, and get it clear, they might be happy and keep your services. But if its not worth the effort, turn the other way. I ran into a driveway like this once. When I bid it, I just figured on using salt to get down to the surface, then they call and say, "We don't want salt on our drive, just so you know" I explained that it would take a warm day and some sunshine and they understood. I still have that account. And now I don't give them a chance to drive on it before it piles up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
WalkingMan what type of equipment do you have? Do you or the people you work for have salting capabilities. If so if , and you have lots that you know are going to be driven on you need to make sure those lots are pretreated before it snows.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I agree with Joe and Watrchkn- it needs to be pre-treated in order to scrape it clean. I also have a Fisher blade on my blazer and I would be had pressed to clean it- I was out at 3am to day it was about 39* out and the lots I was cleaning- one of them had been pre-treated but it was an extremely busy gas station, and around the pumps was pretty well packed in. I still left some ice/snow pack behind when I scraped the lots down last night. I wasn't too worried since the temps are going to stay above freezing today. The gas station does not want to pre-treat, so I am forced to go back anf try to scrape down wat I can after hours when there are no cars in the lot so that I can make multiple passes with out dodging traffic.

I would talk to the company/person you are working for to try and get them to sell some pre- treatment to the company that owns the lot.

Bill

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Travel & Bar Consultant
2,029 Posts
Philly GUYS....Better get that salting gear out !
Watching the local news.....Scary !!!!!!!!!

Syracuse is getting clobbered ! COOL....
Good thing I got my stuff covered !

Prob. gonna head to Atlantic City to gamble
then head back home tomorrow!........geo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
handyhaver said:
pre treat with Magic treated salt. Traffic will help spread it.

Works like Pam in a frying pan

Mark
How much will it cost to treat 10 tons ? And How?
I dont do many resi's bigboy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts