Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I took my fisher minute mount ez-v off my 05 2500 Silverado and put it on my 09 2500 GMC. When I did this the dealer said all I needed to do was to change the connecter that plugs into the back of the head lights, and sold me the new connector. It took me a few years to get around to changing this because it is not easy to get to the back side of the headlights on the GMC, and I usually only use it to plow my own driveway. So last year I finally did and doing what they recommended, I have no high beams on the plow because the 05 Chevy had hi/lo in the same bulb and the 09 GMC has separate bulbs. My plow has 3 plugs and I have a 4 port isolation module. What do I need to do to get the lights on my plow/truck working properly? Is there a headlight harness that I can purchase and does anyone know the part number?

·
Registered
448 Posts
There isn't a harness for the 4 port module for that truck. You would need the:

3 port module, 29070
3 port adapter 29047
headlight harness 29400

The 05 should have had separate HB3/HB4 bulbs, so I'm not sure what you meant. As far as why it doesn't work after splicing in the H11 connector, I have no idea. My guess is something is crossed where you spliced it but that 4 port module isn't supported for that year truck so I don't know if it would work at all. If the low beam is working, then I would guess so but can't confirm it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I installed the wiring harness I did not see the plugs to go into the back off the high beams, but I will have to look again. Thanks for your reply. Changing to the parts you recommend, will still plug into a three port on the plow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts