Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read though some of the old posts to try to find what I need (that works best) for the center of the V... so the strip of snow isn't left behind.

Didn't see a clear answer. What is the best solution for a RT II?

THANKS in advance!

·
Registered
660 Posts
Uggg!

You bought a 7'6"er :eek: :( :rolleyes:

And a RT-II :eek: :( :rolleyes:

Two mistakes I would have warned against, but its not the end of the world!

1) Its too narrow for a full size truck.

2) It is kinda difficult to hitch up compared to the newer Smart Hitch's or even the RT-III's.

3) They raised the center pivot hinge on the newer models, and this allows a better flow of snow when side blading. Now, I am forced to take about a 1/2 swath when side blading. Any more of a "bite" and the snow on the leading blade half builds up at the hinge point, and ends up spilling over on me. The newer design places the hinge back more, and the edge is able to flow snow across better.

Here is my pic of my edge, and it leaves a 3" wide by 5/8" high strip of snow when I am angling to the side or in the V position.

It closes up tight in the scoop position.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tommy.. I hope it's not the end of the world. My bad for not asking questions. If it doesn't work as well as needed.. I'll sell it next season.

Too small? How small is too small? When we hooked it up yesterday in Ohio.. it looked to cover the width of the truck?

I haven't seen the new smart hitches and this is really my first experience hooking up any plow.. but it was pretty simple hooking up and disconnecting.

From what I remember from yesterday.. there is more than a 5/8" height gap on this plow. Maybe because the edges are newer.. I don't know.

I'm kinda stuck here with the plow in the back of my truck. Can't get in touch with a buddy of mine that could help. Thinking of backing up to a snow bank and dumping the plow out onto it :eek:

·
Registered
660 Posts
Measure your trucks front track width. Tire bulge to tire bulge.

The 7'6" BOSS V measures the following:

76" SCOOP Mode
78" Side angled
81" V-Position
90" Bucking Straight

My truck is just about 82" wide bulge to bulge.

My next BOSS will DEFINATELY be a 9'2" V.

·
Registered
660 Posts
bossplower said:
Are you useing the center shoe?
No, not for some time now. It kept getting snapped off! :rolleyes:

But now it's too late, the center shoes are over 2" thick with NO washers. If I put one on now, I would be missing a couple of inches of snow!!

When I install the U-Edge, I'll be using the center shoe. If for anything but to disperse anything that comes through.

·
Registered
660 Posts
I need to use a Letter "B"

I have a few in stock, but cant use until I put a higher edge on it to rasie that center section up a few more inches.

Attachments

·
Registered
660 Posts
That IS a posed picture, right?

I hope it isn't hooked up to the truck :eek:

Can you do me a favor, and take some more pics of the snow flap deflector center section? That would help me connect my two flaps.

Thanks!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What do you mean by posed picture.. and hope it isn't hooked up to the truck?

·
Registered
660 Posts
UHHH OHHH:eek:

Hold on!

If that IS mounted on that truck, then something is SERIOUSLY out of wack.

That CENTER hinge, the vertical one HAS to be STRAIGHT up and down. Not leaning back toward the truck or leaning forward. Exactly perpendicular to the ground.

As it sits in your pic, if you go into SCOOP position, the leading edges are going to be 6" off the ground! And if you V it, the nose will be up as well.

You need to go to their website and find out the pushbeam rod height (13 1/2" sounds familiar?) from the ground. By the looks of your picture, your WAY lower.

PM me if you want. Maybe you could even call me on the phone. I'll be glad to describe things better if you want.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tommy.. Are you aware that the plow is about 12 inches or so up in the air?

·
Registered
660 Posts
UHHH OHHHH :rolleyes:

Dumb me!

Too much caffiene for me!

It's an optical illusion. At quick glance it looks like its on the ground!

Sorry!

They say a picture is worth a 1000 words, well, every now and then my eyes only let me see 999 words! :D

Looks good then!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Whew.. you scared me for a second :(

As far as more pics.. I didn't take 'em but I will try to get some for you. Is there something I could look at and describe for you?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts