• Municipal, County, or State employee.

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • More than 6 trucks /pieces of my own out plowing

Votes: 37 12.0%
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
This year I am only one truck, although I have a buddy that I throw work when I can't get back out (say for a residential cleanup after the city came by).

I'm trying to add another truck for next year, hopefully I'll have enough work, and more importantly, a good driver....

·
Registered
610 Posts
actually have 3 think one will be a spare

do our own work plus started doing some comm.subbing
which worked out pretty good

john

·
Registered
979 Posts
I am solo, owner operator with one truck and plow, both new. :D I currently am doing residential snowplowing, but might possibly look into a few small commercial accounts in future, but that will depend on my future full time career. ;)

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Own the 2 trucks in my sig line, but the 84 is a backup and part time second truck if needed. Otherwise just a solo operator. Hopefully adding a big truck for lots next yr.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have several trucks and machines going out doing all commercial work and all the big trucks go out with the city plowing streets.

·
Registered
93 Posts
2 trucks, also in my sig line, and 1 skidloader when necessary. Also a few subs as backups.

·
Registered
610 Posts
phillyplowking1 said:
I have several trucks and machines going out doing all commercial work and all the big trucks go out with the city plowing streets.
if i give you my moms street can she have preferential treatment
since im a member lol

john

·
Registered
150 Posts
My trucks are usually in Germantown,manuyunk,east oak lane or Roxborough if its anywhere near there ,Sure!:D

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
2 trucks ... only one with a plow right now because we just replaced one with a brand new truck and yet to get a plow. Father/son company

·
Registered
75 Posts
one truck owner/operator with a few subs & stand by when needed.

Currently doing high end resi. work with one or two laborors on board to handle the blower, shovels & salting. Still looking for a few small lots to get a taste of the commercial end. If it doesn't happen this year, still have plenty of resi work to do this season.

Mark

·
Registered
908 Posts
After 15 years of it, I gave up the all night thing, 24-7, only have about an hours worth of drives close to home then head to the shop to fix the stuff the all-nighters broke. Maybe when the kids start driving (scary) i will put another truck on to keep them busy.

·
Registered
75 Posts
phillyplowking,

That's some tough areas to get around in a storm. Wouldn't want to be coming down "The Wall" in a storm in one of them big trucks:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
153 Posts
One truck and one back-up. My wife works with me, she does all the heavy work (shovelling) while I site in the warm dry truck and sip coffee and listen to the radio.

Ray:canada

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yea some spots can get real scary.Last year in the presidents day storm one of the 650s got stuck on Shurs Lane which is a pretty steep street had to get a 4x4 backhoe to push it out.

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes gordyo, you would fall under State et al...

I was just trying to get an idea of the demographics (scary word at times) of the membership. It certainly takes all kinds, and I wanted to see just what kinds they are.

So far it looks like we have many 1 truck operators, that want to grow. Hopefully, with these Forums, you will all grow faster, and with a shorter learning curve than your competition.

I get an e mail, whenever a new member registers here, and I was surprised to see quite a few on the State, and Municipal level. I am glad they are here, as they can share their experiences with the rest of us that do the same work, on a different level.

Not to single anyone out, but GeoffD is a wealth of knowledge. He used to run a bunch of his own trucks and equipment, and now he is doing it on a Municipal level. I always enjoy reading his replies to threads.

~Chuck

·
Registered
75 Posts
I do alot of work over that way. Putting in a kitchen over on Manayunk ave now. It gets scary over there on a dry sunny day.
Not a whole lot of room to get around.

Mark

·
Registered
35 Posts
Solo operator with one truck, friend available for backup if needed. We're thinking about possibly getting into commercial in the near future (I'm all residential now and he's mostly residential).

-Tim

1 - 20 of 100 Posts