Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a 2019 Ram 1500 Classic and want to install a plow to clear a small lot for about 12 vehicles and for personal use. I was looking into the Western and Fisher plows, as that's what's available in my area.

Any recommendations on either brand or model for the half ton?

I know Western makes the Defender and HTS, but I am concerned the Mid-Weight plow might put too much stress on the front end, plus, I don't have that much to plow at the moment.

The Fisher plows only seem to make one for the half ton, unless I missed something.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With a Western, you can take the receivers off, and she ain't so low to the ground without the plow.
Yes, thank you. That's is a big plus on this truck. Now I have to justify spending $5500 for the HTS for personal use, as most people are telling me I'm better off with that then the Defender. But again, I only have in front of my house and a parking lot for about 12 cars to do, so ...

I was also considering, if I stay with all hydraulics, getting the DK2 Everest. There is a sale at Real Truck and the plow, receiver and lighting would run $4285, saving me $1215, but then I have to piece this all together, assemble and install it myself, where as with the Western, the price is complete with installation.

Decisions, decisions ...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts