Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the harness from my 95 Dodge modified to work on my 99. Everything works as it should aside from plow parking lights. In the process of wiring I rewired the lights within the plow light case as the previous owner had parking/blinker wires connected. I cleaned that up (I think). The brown wire connects to all 4 relays and ties into driver side truck parking light. No power at the end of the brown wire in the plow light case. The really strange thing is I have continuity between that brown wire(+) and the orange/black wire (-). No blown fuses. If I unhook the brown wire from the relays I lose everything. This isn't a huge deal, I have headlights and blinkers at the plow and all works when I unhook the plow, but I would like to fix it if possible. I wired per the 29006 schematic on page 63 of the western unimount manual. Thanks.

·
Registered
699 Posts
What is going on in the light housing?

Have any wires been cut , spliced or
Hooked up different than stock?

I believe that brown is a ground
But don’t quote me on that as I don’t have a
Skamatic in front of me

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brown is the positive feeding parking lights. It splices into the parking light wire on the driver side.

I'm not sure if what I saw in the light housing was factory or not. The blinker wire hot and parking light hot were connected. Schematic for the 99 is attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Continuity has to be occurring through the relay coil. Between posts 86 (power from switch) and 85 (ground).

·
Registered
699 Posts
Yeah o think you’re gonna have to go into the light housing and one of those wires I believe that goes to the ground or something ,you need to snip it and spliced together in there

I bought a pair of replacement lights and I know I had to go in there and mess around with the wiring to get them to work right on my dodge

I believe his back feeding through the ground or ground loop is occurring and that is why the light is doing what it is because

it be an easy fix if you think it’s a relay just swap it out with one of the other ones right next to it if the problem goes away then its the relay if Not you’re going into the light housing

1 - 5 of 5 Posts