Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year went to get the plow going and it wouldn't move. The motor was toast. Replaced the motor with a new genuine Western motor and it worked great for a couple of days. The other day I was plowing and noticed the blade started moving slower in lifting or articulating and it made an unusual noise as I moved the plow. I tried moving it a few more times and it moved slower with each time I tried, so I put it in the garage. I haven't the hydraulic fluid this year, I checked the fluid level and the level is at the bottom thread of the fill plug. I changed the fluid last year. I wonder if the new motor is having problems or if the pump is having problems. I don't have a pressure gauge to check the pump pressure. Where the problem got worse each time I used it I was thinking it's probably not an electrical issue. Any ideas on the problem or where to start checking?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Did you put the small black orange ground wire back onto the pump negative stud, that is the ground wire for the valve magnets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the black/orange wire is connected. I cleaned the battery connections and checked the fluid, it was clean and the pump reservoir was clean on the inside. I took the motor off and there were metal shavings on the motor shaft that extends into the pump. I'm going to attempt to look into the top of the pump to see if the metal shavings came from there I don't think they came from the motor side.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts