Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I post in the spreader section, that I am having trouble with my 1000 spreader. I checked everything, but it is still getting no power at all. I have absolutely no idea what is wrong because it is such simple wiring and there doesn't seem to be anything that I could overlook. The only thing it might be is the controller, but it worked last night and is brand new. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jeff

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
Do you have power in ? and power out ? If you do then it's not the controller.

Do the same test for power at the spreader with the controller on to see if you have power getting back there.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Jeff if the control is not coming on and you have no readouts double check your wire from the ign.
Without power there nothing works.
:rolleyes: John..................

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked the voltage on everything and it was the inline fuse going to the ign. on wire. The fuse for some odd reason seems really cheap and would work on and off if you pulled on the ends. I decided to get rid of it since I have a fuse tap at the fuse box. Problem solved, thanks for the help.

Jeff

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
To help others;

Always start where power comes in, work your way back to the end of the thing.

I use a test light, and it saves lots of head aches.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Lawngodfather said:
To help others;

Always start where power comes in, work your way back to the end of the thing.

I use a test light, and it saves lots of head aches.
Speaking of test lites. I need to buy a couple for the trucks so drivers can try to trouble shoot on the road. Is there any better than the other?

Ray

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
I got the el` cheapo ones. They work.

I need to get another good one, mine got ran over last year.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I have a Gardner-Bender testlight, got it from Lowes. I don't care for the test lights, I like multi-meters, but for field troubleshooting, they are fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts