Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my first, new tailgate spreader - burned up the first time I used it spreading salt/sand mix.

brought it back, they fixed it, needed more repairs before I even left with - insisted they replace whole thing.

whole new unit, third time using it, auger motor harness & motor burn up. Get it back, second time using it, discover auger motor not working again.

this all using dry, sand/salt mix ... anybody else had these kind of issues with this type of product?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, because after replacing the module, something else was wrong and unit was stuck in auto-reverse. Dealer didn’t have a clue and Western didn’t either ... they said they thought it was “x” so they were gonna try that and if that wasn’t it it might be “y” ...

I said it is clearly a POS, I got a lemon, didn’t cycle one hopper of mix through it and I have jobs/clients to take care of - REPLACE IT!

It was that or they were advised they could take it back and refund my money.

now I’ve had replacement for 6 weeks, put less than 6 - 7 hoppers of mix through it and the Auger motor burned up, gear box ceased up and now auger isn’t turning again - it’s clearly junk!

·
Banned
1,771 Posts
Yes, because after replacing the module, something else was wrong and unit was stuck in auto-reverse. Dealer didn’t have a clue and Western didn’t either ... they said they thought it was “x” so they were gonna try that and if that wasn’t it it might be “y” ...

I said it is clearly a POS, I got a lemon, didn’t cycle one hopper of mix through it and I have jobs/clients to take care of - REPLACE IT!

It was that or they were advised they could take it back and refund my money.

now I’ve had replacement for 6 weeks, put less than 6 - 7 hoppers of mix through it and the Auger motor burned up, gear box ceased up and now auger isn’t turning again - it’s clearly junk!
I was just surprised they actually replaced Unit. I would return it get your money and try another brand of spreader

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s made by the same company who makes the Fisher Plow/Spreaders - so #1 name in plows can be any better/different.

I guess the real key is - Bed/conveyor type sander vs. anything auger style. A different Dealer (also a Western Dealer) said older units with conveyors would spread mud, the auger units spread salt and bagged sand unless significantly mixed, mostly salt he said. False advertising both by my Dealer & the actual brochure - it’s why I chose “this” model, could use bulk sand, salt, mix or bagged products.

trying to return it now, Dealer said they were looking into it, blown me off for a week!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That’s some SERIOUS equipment, I’ll add them to my list of possibles. Thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts