Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a Western Unimount 8 ft plow. Just put it on the old farm truck 95 Chevy 2500. change fluid in the pump. I get the red light at the controller, All I hear is clicking at the valves on the side of the pump. No movement at all, one valve gets warm. Replaced the solenoid from the controller to the plow. what would be the first thing to check of why I have no movement and only clicking at the valves in the side of the pump? Took the top of the pump off and everything looks clean and good. I have power at the solenoid on the truck side. cleaned all connections on the pump for negative and positive took the valves out clean them. has anyone else had a similar problem and what could’ve been your solution

·
Registered
102 Posts
Unimounts do not have lift cylinder hoses, the lift cylinder is built into the aluminum housing with an internal oil passage.
You never said if the plow motor runs when you are trying to get the plow to angle the blade or raise only that you have power in.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are you able to test for voltage at the solenoid and plow motor when operating the functions other then down? Solenoid out will be a positive signal and at the plow motor you will have a negative all the time at the negative wire, and a positive at the pos terminal when the command is pressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did fix the wires that were broken and only clicking down on the pump valves when I press down on my controller . And no I haven’t found the right solenoid

·
Registered
102 Posts
So a valve clicks when you press down? If this is the case it is supposed to.
What solenoid are you using to power the motor? Are you looking fot a factory western, fisher or blizzard? They are supplied by a company called tombetta....could just search for them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts