Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a Western MVP3 V Plow on a Dodge Ram 2500. I have always owned BOSS plows so this is a first for Western. I like the plow, but it leaves bad chatter bumps when I plow with this. I use the v plow it leaves bumps, I use the blade straight it leaves bumps. I do this for our own business and home. Any idea why it leaves these bumps when I plow? I was told to slow down, still does it. Any help would be appreciated.

Also one more thing, it has a pivot bolt so it can go side to side if the ground changes. This makes a lot of noise going down the road. And I can move it up and down with my hand when its in the raised position, so it seems loose. Should this be tightened or does it have to be so loose? Thanks again.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Can the chain go slack in float?
Is the push beam at the right height.?
Are you plowing gravel?
How fast are you going?

The pivot should pivot. Is there back and forth slop!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is it sitting level? I just put a new cutting edge on my 8 1/2 straight. For the first hour or so, the thing made noise like it was in pain, screeched even till it worn in, never had anything like that before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it sitting level? I just put a new cutting edge on my 8 1/2 straight. For the first hour or so, the thing made noise like it was in pain, screeched even till it worn in, never had anything like that before.
Its level, its just makes a clanging noise when it goes side to side going down the road, it seems very loose. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the chain go slack in float?
Is the push beam at the right height.?
Are you plowing gravel?
How fast are you going?

The pivot should pivot. Is there back and forth slop!
The chain has about two inches of slack.
I am not sure about the push beam, I can check.
I am plowing gravel, long driveway and a storage unit.
I am guessing I get up to 15 - 20 at times on the straight portion.

No back and forth slop, it just pivots side to side at the pin, but it seem svery loose.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Add some more slack to the chain and slow down, the rocks and washboard will cause your plow to bounce.

I like plowing with some speed too
But the plow can bounce over obstacles I guess it’s how rentive the customer is.

When you go over rolls in the road or bumps if your truck bounces up 2 inches it will tighten the chain and lift the plow off of the ground.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Add some more slack to the chain and slow down, the rocks and washboard will cause your plow to bounce.

I like plowing with some speed too
But the plow can bounce over obstacles I guess it’s how rentive the customer is.

When you go over rolls in the road or bumps if your truck bounces up 2 inches it will tighten the chain and lift the plow off of the ground.
That makes sense, I will try it, thank you very much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts