Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a little bit of snow in Nebraska today. Went out and hopped into the trusty but rusty 75 chev. Fired right up, Lifted the blade and drove out to the drive. Dropped the blade and the was the last time it moved. The motor runs, but the blade will not lift or angle. I can grab the lift piston by hand and move it easily up and down one or two inches because of the slack in the chain. If feels as if there is no suction behind it. Fluid level is ok. Hydraulic hoses are new. Any Ideas???

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds like your lift cable snapped internally. Take the 4 screws out of the rectangular box. and have buddy move the controller up and down. if cable isn't moving, then it broke or stud in box broke, not allowing it to pivot correctly.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Remove the square cover w/4 screws. Check to see if the lever is still moving. sounds like the lift cable broke and jammed in the down position. you said the plow lifted the first time ruling out most of my other ideas.
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I will checkout, and post back. Again thanks to both for the speedy reply...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts