Snowplow Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how will I know if it low ? It doesn’t have a dip stick and I don’t have a manual for it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
If you pick the pump up and shake it hard, you should be able to hear the fluid sloshing around. Don't worry, it won't explode like a can of soda as it isn't carbonated.

If that doesn't work, you can remove the plug from the top back corner and look inside. If there is fluid there, you'll see fluid. If there's no fluid there, you'll see no fluid.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It’s got a joystick so I guess they’re push pull. To be honest I got this plow truck for $500 used and now it is useless on my driveway. I was hoping this would be an easy thing to use. Also, the truck seems to really slide when pushing heavy snow how can I fix that?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Here is a manual for the plow, there is some troubleshooting in the book, now you have to realize, you have a very old plow, not many guys around now have experience with these. You need to check fluid level, then remove the cover and see if you are getting full travel from the cables. And is the electric motor running when you are trying to raise it?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is a manual for the plow, there is some troubleshooting in the book, now you have to realize, you have a very old plow, not many guys around now have experience with these. You need to check fluid level, then remove the cover and see if you are getting full travel from the cables. And is the electric motor running when you are trying to raise it?
It moves left and right just not up and down.

·
Registered
468 Posts
It’s got a joystick so I guess they’re push pull. To be honest I got this plow truck for $500 used and now it is useless on my driveway. I was hoping this would be an easy thing to use.
yeah, that totally bites

Also, the truck seems to really slide when pushing heavy snow how can I fix that?
it means your truck is lacking in traction. Find a bigger one

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ok. Western snowplows has a website that has a library section, go there and go to the convention section. And go through the manual that was posted above

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.