Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I added a link to these Forums on my other site (Chuck's Chevy Truck Pages.com), I figured it might be best to have a seperate Forum here for the 73 - 87 C and K models. They are a very popular series, referred to as the "Rounded Line". They are perhaps one of the most popular lines Chevy ever built. It is the longest running GM truck body style too, at 14 years (and 18 years (73 - 91) for Blazer, Suburban, and 1 tons).
:burnout

~Chuck

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Sounds good Chuck:D Gotta love them chevy's from the 80's:burnout

·
Registered
265 Posts
old iron

Good idea, you just keep making it better!! and since I have a 1980 k30 this is good , Thanks Campi !!!!:cash

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
73 - 87 Trucks

Chuck you have done it again THANKS

In my drive way most days we have 1979 K10 with plow,
1978 K10 plow unit part of the way on,
1985 C20 service body
And my 2000 3500 service body with plow and salter.

My boys will love your for this forum.

Thanks again

Tileman

·
GO GO Gadget Plow!
1,380 Posts
Thanks Chuck
I am just about done with my 86 cab and chassis. I spent all weekend taking care of punch list items. Now I just need a flat bed and plow and the truck will be done.
I will get some pics up soon. Love these year trucks. Oh yeah I will alos be very happy when my 89 old style truck has its clutch issues resolved.
Dino

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think what many people will find out with this new Forum is that there are far more people than one would think, that still have at least one of these trucks in their fleet.

They are just too cheap to maintain, and too easy to work on to replace. Plus, the way the parts interchange between years makes them a great work vehicle. Not to mention you can mount an 8' plow on a half ton and not have any problems at all.

The only thing you can't buy aftermarket for these trucks is a chassis. Every other piece can be found. They even sell fiberglass cabs.

~Chuck

·
Site Founder
5,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JD, no offense, but that is only 2 years... I only created this new Forum because of the long run of this model.

Dodge had a long run with their 67 - 91 models too. (Someone correct me now..... 69 - 90? I know I am close.)

What you should do JD is start a Bronco thread in the Ford Forum.

Alot of my friends had 60's Broncos when I first got my license. They were great little trucks.

~Chuck

·
Registered
11 Posts
you should include some of the older chevy too, my 67 has passed the 550000 mile mark, still gets me back and forth to work and the 89 1 ton is a youngster a 200000, they are cheap to keep running as long as you take care of them, I do a lot of towing too and have little trouble with them, I also have a 70 with the camper on it , the kids all have old chevys cause they don't quit, plus they don't need smog testing anymore either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts