Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all use as a weather forcast. What are some good pay sites you can subscribe to in the US and Canada?

I use a number of sources. Environment Canada has a good website with great weather maps/infra red maps/and radar maps. I also use the weather network website, and occasionally watch the local TV stations, however they aren't always the most accurate.

To track the storms I have a number of webcam sites that I can check the weather coming in from different areas. I find these very valuable as well.

Well guys and gals what are your forcasting methods?:waving

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a mixture of Accuweather.com and weatherbug. I lean more towards the accuweather. Seems to me a little more accurate.

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
www.weatheroffice.com and Environment Canada are the best.The weather network always seems a little off around here.

I also use the MTO traffic webcams to see conditions in different areas.A few times they saved my butt,as it wasn't snowing here,but we had a lot of snow at the other sites.Saves guys driving around checking sites all the time.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I use NOAA, www.weather.gov

They were always right on the money last year, hard to say that about any weather forecaster these days....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
445 Posts
We use accuweather.com, weather.gov ,and and try to average what the local news weatherman are predicting because they each predict something different:argue :grinz

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have always relied on weather.com, and our local station, wixt.com becuase they have good radar. The forcaster on wixt is usually right on the money, but I still watch the radar and have gotten to the point where I can usually "predict" the weather better than them. I have these sites programmed into my favorites on my laptop so that while I'm out plowing I can access then via my cell phone to check the local radar loop. This comes in handy since we deal regularly with "localized " lake effect snow squalls that can dump twice as much snow in smaller areas than the rest of the area in general is getting. In fact it is not uncommon for my house to recieve 8" when about 2-3 miles south of me gets 3-4". I have to keep on top of things since I have customers north of me that bet even more than I do!!

Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts