Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YES, we got flurries today!! LOL! First time iv seen snow this season. It was only a dusting though. I also had 3 pallets of salt deliverd to my house today. Yes, it was pretty, It was snowing and I was having salt dropped off at my house.:D .
Thanks guys,:grinz

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did I mention it was at the SAME time?:grinz

·
Registered
866 Posts
Right now I am sitting here enjoying the thunder and lightning that is happening along with the lake effect snow that we are getting right now!! I'm hoping to be able to go out and play a little tonight!!!!

Bill
SPC Addict

·
Registered
445 Posts
It was raining this afternoon then around 7pm changed over to snow and thunder and lightning, we got about an inch of snow before it change over to just a few flurries.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Just flurries for us, but its a good sign either way!! The ground and houses were cold enough for it to stick. I'm betting by the 7th of december we'll get at least a salt event, the weather is acting strange this year... Hard to say really...

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
flurries for us not enough to plow but its a start...:burnout

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I forgot to attach my picture!

Pretty sad compared to Matt Griffith's pictures, oh well, gotta take what we can get!

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Well the lake effect blew through too fast, so no snow or ice to go out and play in, but we ended up with about an inch or so on the grassy parts- just nothing stuck to the pavement!

LET IT SNOW!!!!!!

Bill

·
Registered
445 Posts
Same here the storm blew thru quickly leaving about an inch of snow on the grass and trucks.:mad:

·
Registered
265 Posts
snow

started out as rain here last nite temps droped to 20 degrees woke up this morning, ground covered with snow! its comming just dont know when, its supposed to stay cold here for a while, i need to push some snow!! Campi !!!!!:cash

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: snow

campi said:
started out as rain here last nite temps droped to 20 degrees woke up this morning, ground covered with snow!
Same here, went to bed late last night with it raining, woke up to about 1/4 - 1/2" on the ground.
The doors of the truck were frozen shut which i found out when i went to bring the youngest to school.:(

Saw one place that was salted(bank) and looks like the county guys went out and put some down on the overpasses mainly.

Dan

·
Registered
382 Posts
chevy guy37 - I thought I was desperate for snow! We get frost here that's has more accumilation
:)

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Like Greenquest stated, enough to salt a couple times. It got pretty crusty with warm ground temps and then falling into the mid 20's.

It was beautiful, I wish it would stay cold until about April 1 or so now.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
SnowyBowtie!
That surely wins the award for most pathetic snow pic posted on any of the online snowplowing message boards LOL. ;) :p
Like Woofsplow said, I can take pictures of frosty sunny mornings here with more accumulation than that. I feel your excitement though, and you are luckier than me for having seen some flurries at least. Hopefully more is on the way soon!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Thanks for the nomination Bill!:haha

We usually don't see snow until mid to late December, so I thought that these flurries on the 24th of November were a good sign. We aren't in the snow belt by any means, but we still get some every year, and the last few years, its been coming a little earlier.... So, I have my fingers crossed.

BTW: there was a more pathetic picture posted over on PS last week, so I can't rightly take this award!!:wink

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
lol no harm in getting exited over a lil bit of snow... :burnout

·
Registered
132 Posts
did some salting last night.

Hey wyldman, works excellent...
thanks man:canada :burnout

1 - 20 of 21 Posts