Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted Nov. 3rd, 2010.............

I bought a 6 foot x15" high Snow-Way for my 2001 Wrangler and the wireless controller was bad when I bought it. Nothing lights up on it, even with new batteries.

HELP! Anyone got a good wireless controller I can buy?

If you have one send me a phone number and the serial number off the controller, so I can call the company to see if it'll be compatible with my unit.

Call me (central time) - 815 - 973 - 8128.

THANKS A BUNCH TO ALL WHO HELP.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We could get you a new one. There are only two wireless controls, the yellow one and the cream colored one. The Cream coloered ones are all interchangable with one another as are the yellow ones. They (the yellow and cream) are not interchangable with one another. You will have to interduce the transmitter (control) to the receivers on the plow. Easy to do the instructions are on the Snoway website . If you cannot find them give me a hollar and I send you the link.

Have you checked the battery box to see if it is broken? they do that and then will not turn on, because there is no power. Do you know the proper way to turn it on? If it is a back lit unit press the on/off and DP button at the same time, if it is not back lit you must press the on/off, up, down, DP, on/off, in that order.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope that everyone who is thinking about buying a snow-way reads this......

We could get you a new one. There are only two wireless controls, the yellow one and the cream colored one. The Cream coloered ones are all interchangable with one another as are the yellow ones. They (the yellow and cream) are not interchangeable with one another. You will have to interduce the transmitter (control) to the receivers on the plow. Easy to do the instructions are on the Snoway website . If you cannot find them give me a hollar and I send you the link.

Have you checked the battery box to see if it is broken? they do that and then will not turn on, because there is no power. Do you know the proper way to turn it on? If it is a back lit unit press the on/off and DP button at the same time, if it is not back lit you must press the on/off, up, down, DP, on/off, in that order.

You ARE wrong on the color because mine is grey - but thanks a bunch for the info, because our American engineers have obviously struck again!

Sno-Way has to have some real idiots working for them (and I hope you're reading this Snow-Way) to come up with this ridiculous "procedure" required to do something so simple as turning on a plow controller.

I guess just pushing the on/off button would have been to complex for them!!! How stupid can a company possible be to allow this moronic "engineering" and design into production? I WONDER IF SNO-WAY'S CEO EVER THOUGHT ABOUT RUNNING FOR POLITICAL OFFICE??

Absolutely ridiculous......................BUT THANKS - IT DOES WORK!

SHAME ON YOU SNO-WAY.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You ARE wrong on the color because mine is grey - but thanks a bunch for the info, because our American engineers have obviously struck again!

Maybe Basher is color blind, no need to lash out at him:p

Sno-Way has to have some real idiots working for them (and I hope you're reading this Snow-Way) to come up with this ridiculous "procedure" required to do something so simple as turning on a plow controller.

No comment

I guess just pushing the on/off button would have been to complex for them!!! How stupid can a company possible be to allow this moronic "engineering" and design into production? I WONDER IF SNO-WAY'S CEO EVER THOUGHT ABOUT RUNNING FOR POLITICAL OFFICE??

Absolutely ridiculous......................BUT THANKS - IT DOES WORK!

SHAME ON YOU SNO-WAY.
Controls were manufactured that way for 1 season when the SM-01 power units came out in 2001. So the long and short of it is you have a 9 year old control that still works now that Basher has given you the proper proceduce to turn it on. Being a dealer he could have easily said hey no problem I will sell you a new control as I have them in stock. The way I look at it he just saved you $400. I would have expected to read a thank you to Basher rather than a rant about Sno-Way. :popcorn2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts