Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest to find a skid steer, I have some more questions. I understand what the difference is between the Radius and Vertical lift is, but do you think you lose any digging or power by going with a Vertical lift? If anyone has used both types of machines I would like to get some feedback. Talking to different salesman, they seem to tell me what I want to here about the machine they have on their lot.

·
Registered
6,272 Posts
If your not loading anything the radius would be fine but if you have to load or lift higher than in fron of you i would get a vertical lift machine.You can see the breakout force on any machine specs.You will just have to compare and figure out what you will use the machine for.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cat320 thanks for reply. I am having alot of fun shopping for some new toys. I am sure once I find the Skid Steer I want I will than have a bunch of questions regarding trailers.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Cat320 is right on the money , but i will throw my .02 in. Vertical lift path will **usually** give a better ride ( easier on the kidneys) due to a longer wheel base.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I own a 2spd, vertical lift Cat skidsteer. I agree with cat320, but i don't think you will find digging any different with either models. I have leased and owned both models and they both work simmilarily in digging situations. I love the vertical lift machine a lot. My Cat has auto-leveling which is great for loading those 16-18 wheelers with extra high sides.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts