Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are predicting 20"-30" of snow on Sunday to Monday.:confused: :eek: Better gas up the truck for the first of several times. I like snow but is this another 2002-2003? Oh well, pay at this window.:cash

I will try to get some pics with my new camera. I'll post them on Tuesday probably.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry guys. The pictures I took did not come out good at all. I will try to get better at the next storm.:headwall

·
Registered
866 Posts
I posted some of the pics I took under the SNOW!SNOW!SNOW!
thread in the snowplowing thread.

Oh- BTW we got over 48" altogether since last Sunday- and we are supposed to be geting lake effect squalls all day tmo!

I need a vacation!!

LOL!

Bill:burnout

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
wow bill your just hoging all the snow this year... Oh well though i was happy got to go out and play last night only had about 3" on the ground but im not complaning easy money...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Seth-
If I could send some snow elsewhere I would gladly do so!! I need a break from all this action to go through the truck one more time and to catch up on my sleep!!

I also need to get the tractor from my dads house so that I can dig out my utility body truck that is buried on a job site right now along with my trailer. Then I need to bring it to my house and dig out my own driveway and yard! I have a path down to the bottom of it, but no room to turn around or manuver at all!! Too much snow now to try and bank back without a tractor!

Hopefully we will have a break in the action and Monday night I will be pushing the banks back at the parts store and then can clean up my driveway.

Bill

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
God fella's you ready to give up so soon?
All summer long all we hear is "wish it would snow" or "when is it gonna snow"

Now that we are all getting what we asked for some of us are wanting vacations, hoping that storms miss us, etc....

That makes me :mad:, I realize that some of you are getting nailed, ( I already have almost my seasons average after 2 storms and if the rain we had the other day had been snow, I would have been well passed the seasonal average for my area.

Suck it up guys, we chose this life, it didn't choose us !!!

If you can't run with the Big Dogs, park your a$$ on the porch and stay outta the way. plowing! plowing! plowing! plowing!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Disclaimer: JCurtis does NOT live in a Lake Effect snow location. Pretty easy for him to say that while playing Monday morning quarterback relaxing under a blanket on the couch with a pipe & a good Stephen King novel watching the fire slowly burn out.....

LOL :D

Good luck getting a break there guys. Hang in there & stay in the Zone. Cold air will get here eventually to freeze up the lakes. And then JCurtis and the rest of us can yell at you guys when you start complaining "where'd all the snow storms go, man I'm bored". We're certainly jealous for now. And if you're ready to start hiring subs after Christmas, we still have nothing on the horizon so I'd be happy to drive up & play in the snow. Make a pile or 2 for me please!! plowing! And don't forget what comes in the end payup

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ok- maybe I should have rephrased my "vacation" to a 2 hour period that it didn't snow so I could catch up on my sleep. When you are driving araound and start to see things that aren't there- it's time for rest. Unfortunately there was no way to get more than 2-3 hours at a time- not enough to recharge the batteries.

Today has greeted me with no snow, a chance to catch up and reset myself to be able to go out and do it all over again.

Am I ready to give up? NO WAY!!!!!!

Do I feel better today after sleeping in for a while?
Definitely- in fact I'm ready for round two- BRING IT ON!!

So J Curtis- I only wish that there was a bigger one of these smilies that was animated too-:p :p :p !!!!

LOL!

This week has been beyond one of those big storms- day after day of going out 2-3 times a day, or at times not getting home at all, just staying out, has really caught up with me. So now that I am rested and ready to go, it can snow all it wants. This is just an unusual week- we do not get 1/4-1/3 of the annual snowfall in one week- and I only wish it had been over a couple of days not over 7.

BRL- thanks for standing up for us- oh, and Lake Ontario does no freeze up over the winter- so we get lake effect all season. Just not like this!! LOL!

On that note, Thanks for listening to me rant guys- and If the opportunity comes to send some snow your way- I will, otherwise I will indeed be laughing all te way to the bank after this month!

:cash Bill:cash

·
Banned
1,973 Posts
You don't want it, turn the fans on to blow my way..........

·
Registered
163 Posts
They're talking about the possibility of a few feet of lake effect this
Wednesday and Thursday (1/7 and 1/8) in the CNY area due to the large cold front coming in from Canada over Lake Ontario.

Is raining and sleeting right now (6:00 am 1/5/04)

·
Registered
866 Posts
Seville!! Glad to see you here- where are you located?
I'm right on the north shore of Onieda lake- righ in the area where the snow just tends to drop coming off of Lake Ontario.

I Got a call today from CNY Joe to warn me about the snow- I've been in bed since New Years day battling the flu!! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!! It does look like I will be going out in the middle of the night(about 2:30) to plow- I'm watching the first band come in now. Good thing I got a nap in today- just wish I could get over this thing!

It will be interesting to see how this develops- the weather guessers have been a little off lately. I kinda hope they are wrong so that we don't get 2-3feet right now- at least give me til the end of the week to get back on my feet!!!

LOL!

I'll have my camera with me, and I have offers of help should I rn into problems, so I'll make it through one way or another!!

Bill

·
Registered
163 Posts
Bill;

I'm down in Pompey.

I'm just a "personal plower" - my own driveway. Used a tractor with a blower in prior years; nice to be in a warm heated "cab" now.

We didn't really get any snow. Even right now (5:50 am 1/6/04) nothing's happening in Syracuse; nothing on the ground from last night.

Based on the weather reports, ever since Sunday I've been expecting to wake up with 1"-4" of snow; nothing though - just some ice yesterday.

Sorry to hear about your flu; sometimes the best thing to do is get out and work up a sweat - always seems to help for some reason.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts