Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys!

I have a 2003 F250 XLT 4 x 4. The truck is not level from right to left. The driver’s side sits much lower than the passenger side. I took it back to the dealer and the adjusted the "shackle". The truck is still not level. I pointed this out to the dealer and he said it is still about 1/2" wrong, but Ford specs state that there is a 1" tolerance allowed. I said I was not happy with this and since I plow it affects me more than just for the looks. I asked him what my next step would be. He said I could pay for a spring shop to solve the problem but Ford would not do anything. I told him that I would be talking to the Ford rep for the area and the dealer said I didn't want to do that because he would void a lot of my warranty because of the plow! I don't think that is right. The owner’s manual mentions plowing, and I bought the "plow package" with the truck.

Here are my questions:

1. What do you think about the level issues?

2. Have you ever heard of warranty problems with snow plowing?

Thanks,

B.C.

·
Registered
131 Posts
When I purchased my truck I said that I would be doing my own residential plowing (I wasn't using my truck for commercial plowing and still rarely do). My dealer told me that as long as I didn't use a plow over 7.5' it would not void the warranty as my truck had the plow prep package.

Never looked for anything in writing about this but I have had several trip to my dealer for routine and non-routine issues and he's never given me an hassle and it's hard to miss the Fisher mounts.

Good luck,

Pete :usa

·
LetsTalkSnow.com - Moderator
4,902 Posts
So why would you have the plow prep package if you weren't going to plow?

I think your dealer is blowing smoke, I'd call the rep if you're not happy, but he may be right about that 1" tolerance being acceptable, at least to Ford. That doesn't make it right.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Pelicans dead on the money go back and demand it gets resolved fords biggest truck market share with there trucks is commercial use plowing being one of them the service manager is blowing a ton of smoke up your tailpipe, lets us know what they say iam sure it will be taken i know for a fact look at my sig if that were the case those would be dodges down there!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
The dealer is correct, a 1" difference is allowed. Some dealers try a little harder, and replace a spring under warranty. We had the same problem, now our truck sits level.

There is no requirement that the plow be less than 7.5 feet. A snowplow prep package includes the propper front springs for any plow that a plow mfg specifies for that truck. We had 8.5' Fisher Minute Mount plows put on all our new trucks by the Ford dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts