Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought a truck with a 7 1/2' uni-mount pro plow and my question is? It is slow going up and angleing both right and left but as i use it more and more it gets faster but not as fast as i think it should be. I have seen western plows before in action and they are fast. what should i look for and what should i do for a all around maitenace on this unit and how?? thanks for any help

Rich

·
Registered
529 Posts
I change the fluid in my unimount after every 12 - 15 hours of plowing. I clean the inlet screen at the same time, keeps the plow moving quickly in all directions.:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok when i change the fluid, i am asumeing that the drain is on the side and the fill is that square bolt on top??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and where is the pump inlet screen?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
It's right on the pump.Drain the fluid,pull the motor off,and you'll see it right on the front side of the pump assy.

·
Registered
345 Posts
[QUOTEOriginally posted by synner] I change the fluid in my unimount after every 12 - 15 hours of plowing.[/QUOTE]
Wow that must get expensive. I plowed longer than that in one storm. On average I probably change my plow fluid twice a season as well as cleaning or changing the filter. I've never really noticed a difference in speed if the fluid is new or a month or two old.

·
Registered
529 Posts
my plow speed used to really bog down and the local guy told me to swap out the fluid every 10 - 15 hours. so far its been working much better for me. I run ATF in the pump so its not that expensive to change. Only draw back is that the ATF foams after working it hard and slows down the movement a bit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok im back after 12 hours of pushing and my plow is running fine except after i use in the up and down mode for about 15 min the pump starts to move veryslow and gets to the point that it wont raise at all and then i have to wait a few min and then it starts to raise slowly again?? any ideas?? angleing it is just fine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts