Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 chevy 3500 WT snowplow prep package, my dump is pulling to the right took it to commercial truck service they checked alignment nothing wrong. They switched tires left to right vise versa slightly more wear right tire pulling to right any suggestions before I buy two new tires. I have 8 foot ultra mount 2 on this truck everything is newer thanks ps I tried driving with the plow different positions to no avail

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
Do thoes tires have so much traction that they pull the truck to the left.
Lol maybe try some republican tires...?

I question your alinement shop they should have noticed any bad wheel bearings,
A brake that is hanging up/dragging or a diff that’s on its way out to bad axel u-joints.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now it rides straight, I was in the shop and watched them when they inspect the alignment, they used top of the line equipment that no one has in the area. Truck has 5k miles on it the master tech said it might be the plow mounts but this is not uncommon for plow trucks. So I'm not leaning towards that type of failure. Also checked brakes etc I even was allowed to roll under to look bars were fine etc. I'm wondering if maybe plow mounts were off or something, I have michilen tires around but I want a more aggressive tread these are a LT truck tire any recommended tires that I can slap on in the winter is appreciated as well

·
Banned
7 Posts
Now it rides straight, I was in the shop and watched them when they inspect the alignment, they used top of the line equipment that no one has in the area. Truck has 5k miles on it the master tech said it might be the plow mounts but this is not uncommon for plow trucks. So I'm not leaning towards that type of failure. Also checked brakes etc I even was allowed to roll under to look bars were fine etc. I'm wondering if maybe plow mounts were off or something, I have michilen tires around but I want a more aggressive tread these are a LT truck tire any recommended tires that I can slap on in the winter is appreciated as well
how does it ride straight now? That seems odd to me if 2 hours ago it didn’t?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You must have misunderstood me, the shop after inspection switched both front tires. So yes after that it rides fairly straight maybe a very slight pull to the left

·
Super Moderator
862 Posts
How would the plow mount effect the steering?

Does the steering /pull change if you have a passenger?

Swapped tires and it doesn’t pull to the right? It wasn’t the tires...
Did he adjust the psi in the tire?

Michelin’s are known to have high quality tires unless you run them low on psi and are running them into curbs at high speedster the belts have been
Damaged.

Again rare equipment is not a bases for a good alinament shop.
It still pulls.....

·
Registered
183 Posts
At the start it pulled to the right, they flipped the front tires now you are saying slight pull to the left.
If the duals are the same, I would pull the outer ones and put those on the front.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts