Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run an underbody scraper? I think I want one... it could be great for ice and a little summer grading.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Plus, I am looking at a 1957 Walter FDMS with a scrapper... I am sorta jonesin’ Hard for it.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As if anyone expected different

It’s a looker too... I am really into the underbody scraper... it is on the smaller side with just a single one way plow and underbody scraper ... it weighs in at 28,000gvw loaded so she will be my smallest. But does have a factory installed Cummins NH190 672cid Diesel making 535ft-lbs of torque at 1500rpm and 190hp at 2100rpm. So it should be pretty gutsy with a low gear of 84:1 total reduction from the crank shaft to wheels. Giving roughly 16,600ft-lbs of tractive effort.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that 100% positive traction? Sounds more like 95%
No, that just refers to the fact that at any time the truck can utilize all of its tractive effort for travel. Since it diverts the power from the wheels that slip to the wheels that grip.

I want to try out the scraper I think that could be a cool tool...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm willing to pay actual cash money for a picture of a rotting, decrepit Walter in front of the OLM compound. Let's talk.
The truck is going to be on a flatbed... I think you are just jealous of my beautiful ladies... it would be worth the trip to screw with Mark in person...

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I need to add turbo to H6 inline 6 engines that are naturally aspirated don’t always fill the cylinders well. A small turbo will fill it quickly and boost hp and torque. 220hp at 2100rpm and 680ft-lbs of torque would be fantastic in this 28k truck.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts