1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to find me a U edge.

Where and how much do they run?

7½' Western

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
you might PM urathinedino he sells them... that or a few places on the net have them... just do a search for u-edge and a few places will show up...

·
Registered
445 Posts
I would contact urethane dino he stand behind his products and is willing to answer all your question on u-edges

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Garagekeeper

John "Garagekeeper" also sells them:D

·
Registered
660 Posts
Another vote for Dino.

I have one on order for my BOSS. They now come predrilled! As much as I've read about U-edges on here, I really learned a LOT during Dinos' and my 15 min conversation.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Polyurethane Edges

LGF I still have some in "stock" if you want to come back up towards Chicago again and pick one up.
E-mail me or give me a call.
:rolleyes: John...............

·
Registered
413 Posts
For the predrilled Boss V edges you will need to make the holes larger for the 5/8" bolts. They are predrilled for hole location but the holes are too small.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That shouldn't be a problem, right? Just a nice sharp bit, right?

How did you do it?

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
Dino told me a flat wood bit works best . I havent had time to install the U Edge I bought from him

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If you are ordering them pre drilled, make sure they know what size holes you need & have them drilled correctly the first time. It takes about 4-6 seconds to run a paddle bit through to make the holes and a bit costs around 5 or 6 bucks I believe. I'm not sure what they charge to drill them, but its certainly easy enough to do your self, and you can then make sure they are exactly the size & location you need for your particular application. Drilling a larger hole to fix an incorrect size is a PIA for sure.

I'll add a vote for MPT products, which Dino sells. I believe from posts I've seen that the brand that Garagekeeper sells is also a good quality one. From other posts I've seen & people I've chatted with, research other brands before buying them. And remember the old saying you get what you pay for. From what I've heard, the people that got bad urethane edges also payed half the price that Dino & Garagekeeper seem to sell for, so the complaints kind of made sense after hearing that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a few different sizes still available to ship next day as well, including the Boss V edge if anyone is in a hurry for one. Any unusual sizes may take a couple weeks.

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
once I determine hole locations I will place the slab on the table of my Bridgeport miller and drill the thru holes . I also need to drill the same hole pattern for the 1/4" x3 x 8' mild flat steel retaining plate

·
Registered
832 Posts
Bill I would recomend at least a 3/8 or better thickness piece of flat stock for your edge retainer.
I used 1/4 a few years ago and did not like the way it held the edge down after tightening the bolts down.
:rolleyes: John...........

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
actually when I went to the welding shop I asked for 1/4 " they didnt have it but they did have 3/8" and I took it :D

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
U-edge is on and ready

I installed the 1.5"x8"x8.5' Uedge I got from Dino today. It was easy to mount to my new X Blade. I was able to retain it with the cutting edge instead of the length of steel i bought . I could also keep the curb/wear shoes in place since they are FIXED( new design)and mount even with the bottom of the base angle (trip edge ) . I cant see any problem or difference leaving the shoes on . C ? It was easy to wear in . I backed up in a big lot until the edge had a complete feash wear surface and moved forward to 'set it " . I should be ready to roll for the sunday night storm . Thanks Dino and anyone else for there guidance and expertise

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
U-edge is on and ready

I installed the 1.5"x8"x8.5' Uedge I got from Dino today. It was easy to mount to my new X Blade. I was able to retain it with the cutting edge instead of the length of steel i bought . I could also keep the curb/wear shoes in place since they are FIXED( new design)and mount even with the bottom of the base angle (trip edge ) . I cant see any problem or difference leaving the shoes on . C ? It was easy to wear in . I backed up in a big lot until the edge had a complete feash wear surface and moved forward to 'set it " . I should be ready to roll for the sunday night storm . Thanks Dino and anyone else for there guidance and expertise

·
Registered
5,177 Posts
U-edge is on and ready

I installed the 1.5"x8"x8.5' Uedge I got from Dino today. It was easy to mount to my new X Blade. I was able to retain it with the cutting edge instead of the length of steel i bought . I could also keep the curb/wear shoes in place since they are FIXED( new design)and mount even with the bottom of the base angle (trip edge ) . I cant see any problem or difference leaving the shoes on . Can you ? ? It was easy to wear in . I backed up in a big lot until the edge had a complete fresh wear surface and moved forward to 'set it " . I should be ready to roll for the sunday night storm . Thanks Dino and anyone else for there guidance and expertise

·
Registered
660 Posts
We heard you the first time! :D

:shades

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I wonder if B-white ever got his u-edge on... lol I guess he was just happy to get it on lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts