Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK...here's the deal. Went to put on the back drag edge today and encountered a problem using it with the U edge. The back drag edge hangs down about 4" below the moldboard and the U edge only about 1 1/2". I (think) I would have to drop the U edge to approximately the same distance (4") but that isn't recommended. I (think) I will also have to put a U edge on the back drag edge (I just got a drive with pavers so I can't have ANY metal). Maybe I can't even use the back drag edge. ARGHHH!!! I'm really looking for some thoughts and advise here. Here's a pic of my problem.

Attachments

·
Registered
908 Posts
I dont deal in u-edges but if i were to guess, you need to turn the u-edge over. there is to much edge up into the moldboard. (look at pic and you will see what i mean). Jeff

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I don't think you can use the b-d edge with the U edge, I think they are incompatible, but Dino would know best.

Doesn't the Urethane backdrag better than steel anyway?

·
Registered
8,323 Posts
It would be easier to just make a backdrage edge that hangs off the backside of the blade.They float when going forward,so it will not affect the urethane performance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts