Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are a few of you out there that have them, How do you like them?

I am considering buying one, just want to know how you feel about them:feedback

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Jeff,the more I have mine the more I like it,it still does not spread nearly as heavy as a V box,so speeds must be lowered somewhat.This added a few minutes to my route.However cleaning out,and loading unloading is much easier with the vpro.Also im not 100% sure but the capacity of the spreader is 1.5 yards ,but i think its closer to a yard myself.Id get the vp8000,it will fit fine in your new truck.

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
isn't the 8000 a 8 footer?

I don't want to leave the tailgate down

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Jeff,take the tailgate right off,no matter what v box your running.The v pro 8000 fits in my GMC better than in my Dodge.It wil fit like it was made for it.If you get the 6000 it wont hold much,and its only 4ft long,you'll spill a lot when they load you,since even small loaders have 6 wide buckets.The weight difference is literall nothing between the 2.the 8000 holds 1/2 yard more material.My Dodge is fine with mine heaped with salt as long as the plow is on for counterweight:D .

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Jeff,you got mail:D

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John, I got the Mail....

You're just like the Pony Express..... you always deliver !

maybe thats why all those OCC ladies want you

:grinz

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
No problem Jeff. :D .

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Jeff,the rest of the pics are sent,along with measurements. :)

·
AKA "Iceman"
821 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks John, I just looked at them. Gonna call the guy tomorrow for a pice.

I am assuming that the elastic cover is an option?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Jeff that cover is standard,make sure you get it if you buy one. Ive heard the new ones have 2 vibrators as well.Mine dont though.If you are going to run sand or a mix i am thinking you would need 2 of them.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jeff-
We have 2 of the v-Pro 8 footers, and have had very good results with them. Of course, since they work on gravity, any seriously wet product or junk will make it difficult. If I was in the market for another pickup mounted v box, I'd buy another without any hesitation.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Iceman got mine late last winter only got to use it on one ice storm. It was great to run. No problems at all. Very few moving parts. I think you would like it.

Tilman:burnout

·
Registered
167 Posts
just bought a used VP8000 to go in my 2002 ram. it will be a back up and an on the stop spreader. so i think it will work great for that. and it does fit in to a short bed with no problem. :usa

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
So clean cut,now that you have the 810,and VP,how about some pictures?:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
NO

·
Registered
167 Posts
Just kidding,
On Wed. when it rains like a mother i'll work on removing my spray tank off the 02 and wiring and mounting the VP8000, then i'll post picks:usa
:usa

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here are the picks of the spreader!

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
heres one from the front

Attachments

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Clean Cut nice truck. I think it needs some 6" stacks now,along witha few other mods;) .

·
Registered
167 Posts
this truck is stock and will remain stock!:wah

1 - 20 of 23 Posts