Snowplow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Have been reading the post here the last 3 hours trying to get a sense of the curtis plow line. I am looking to outfit a plow on my 90 Jeep Cherokee Laredo and the 7' HOME-PRO 3000 is what seems to be the only curtis plow available. I see a lot of talk about the PRO 3000 but not that much with regards to the Home-Pro. I have 2 driveways of my own to do and about 10 others. One concern I have is with back scrapping since a few of these are straight in jobs from the garage door out that I pull head in, drop blade and back out. The only other option I have found is a meyers setup. So with that said I would welcome any and all suggestions and experiences with regards to the HomePro. The idea of easy on easy off beats the meyers setup but that is not the only thing to consider as I am sure you all would agree. I appreciate your input and time.

Wish you all a healthy and Happy New Year 2008 plowing!

·
Registered
5,486 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Did you take a look at Snoway, I know they've got a setup for a Cherokee. With the downpressure you shouldn't have too many issues with back dragging.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you take a look at Snoway, I know they've got a setup for a Cherokee. With the downpressure you shouldn't have too many issues with back dragging.
I did not look at the snoway... I see you have one, what can you tell me or maybe that should go in another section.. how does the snoway campare with the curtis??

·
Registered
701 Posts
I did not look at the snoway... I see you have one, what can you tell me or maybe that should go in another section.. how does the snoway campare with the curtis??
This will be the 3rd year running the Snoway with no problems, can't comment on the downpressure as the one I've got doesn't have it (mines an old DX series sort of the same as the ST series). I was a little put off at it only being 18" tall but it has never been a problem they seem to have the curve of the moldboard just about perfect to compensate for the short height.

I can't comment on how they compare to Curtis, but I can tell you I should have held out looking for a used Snoway to put on the Dakota instead of getting the Western. I don't know if it's just the unimount and chain lift but the freakin plow does a dance going down the road (not to mention the **^&$^@^& Smooth Stop 'feature' on the controller....drives me up a friggin wall), never had that problem with the Snoway.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
Thread hijack, so does anyone actually like the Smooth Stop feature on the Western? Don't think I've heard one good thing about it yet.

Give Chuck a call, he'll treat you right.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thread hijack, so does anyone actually like the Smooth Stop feature on the Western? Don't think I've heard one good thing about it yet.

Give Chuck a call, he'll treat you right.
I drove Fester's truck once with the Western on it and I wanted to kill myself after it scraped off the road for the 1200th time. I like my completely hydraulic Snoway, thanks. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts