Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a truckcraft deicer on a f250 it works great when it works.
it seems that every other storm or so the control box shorts out internally. this has been happening for about a year. after it shorts the control wont reset and has to be sent back to truckcraft. they tell me no one else has tis problem.i have 2 trucks with the same problem. also the spinner motor only seems to last about 1-2 seasons (very costly repair). is any one else having this problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the deicer plus tailgate spreader on my 3500 Dodge dump. The only problem I've ever had is the button for the dump control quit working, so I just hooked it the way it used to be. Other than That nothing major. It's so nice with 5ton of salt. :cash

·
Registered
321 Posts
John 5 ton of salt in a 1 ton kinda overloaded are we? How do you fit 5 ton in a Truckcraft insert dump. Not trying to sound smart$$$ or anything but that is alot salt for a truck that size.

Bob :D :D :D

·
Registered
620 Posts
I think you guys must be right. Our F-600 feels heavy with our 1600 lb spreader and 10,000 lbs of salt.

·
Banned
1,279 Posts
How much salt are you getting into the dump insert?? Have they said what the short is from? This is happening in both trucks?? What is going wrong with the spinner motor?

I am considering either the Truckcraft or a Downeaster insert with a spreader tailgate.

Would really like more info from real end users.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the down easter unit and it works great...replaced the spinner motor after 2 seasons and just replaced the auger motor at the start of the 4 season but we also run A LOT of salt through ours....last year about 5 to 6 tons a storm(multiple trips) with about 40 salting events...wore out the deflector around the spiner a few times as well...a very dependable unit for a pick-up....especially if you have the insert already

1 - 7 of 7 Posts