Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put one on yet?? I guess ford made a frame change in 2004, and the mount is suppose to be different. Anyone try the 2003 mount kit on the 2004. Remember, this is the super duty series. Thank you, John:D

·
Registered
908 Posts
John, I read the service bulliten from western about 2 weeks ago for the 04 f250. If i remember right, the changes ford made have to do with the blocker beam mounting location. In the past, there was a single mounting flange on the outside of the frame on both sides. Ford made a change where there is a bracket on both the outside and inside of the frame and thats where the problem comes in. Western is working on the new mount but i dont know the release date and i think it will only be in an ultra mount. The best you can do is to check to see what blocker beam mounts you have. The blocker beam is right behind the plastic fairing on the bottom of the bumper and is a steel tube running from on side of the truck to the other. The bolt pattern will be in a triangle shape with cutout s in the bottom of the blocker beam for the nuts. Maybe you got lucky and have an 03 frame. Pm me if you have an troubles figuring it out.

Jeff

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Jeff

Yea, we already figured we will need the ultamount with the unimount adapter.

This is a December of 03 built truck. I know what you're talking about in the blocker beam area, as other ones I have installed this season on 03 trucks used that bracket to bolt up the blocker beam. Talked to Western Tech, and they said probably the end of the month before the mount is finished. Will let you know how it turns out. Acording to Ford, this truck has the new frame.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Promower
Sales bulletin from Western today
the new kit number is 3249 will be avalible to ship on Jan 19th
This kit will be for the "new frame". The new frame has a blocker beam with 4 bolts that hold it in
Thats the lastest poop
Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Steve!!!:)

You are 100% correct. The old frame had a total of 6 bolts holding the blocker beam, new frame has 8!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anybody gotten one yet? Talked to Western Tech yesterday, said there were some problems on first kits, new ones not shiped out yet. Were suppose to be out a week ago:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts