Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2005 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I mounted a Boss 7’6” Power V on my 2005 2500HD Chevy this week and have a hopefully simple issue.

Upon installation of the wiring harness we had fuses in the truck light circuit blowing. Had a buddy trouble shoot and he found the headlight adapters were plugged in backwards and solved the fuse issue. (This was before plow was installed and plugged in)
Now I have the plow installed and my truck lights do not shut off.
Switch in truck does turn on and off the plow lights, but the truck headlights stay on.

Relay or still an issue with my headlight adapter wiring?

· Registered
25 Posts
I believe in 05 Chevy still used DRL-----Daytime Running Lights. I don't know how Boss dealt with them, as Meyer had a special DRL module for them. I suggest you call Boss directly as they are very helpful in diagnosing problems as this.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did do an online chat to confirm the orientation of the light adapters, as the instructions did not mention any models newer than 2003 (probably when they were written)

Boss Customerservice is legit!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After replacing the lights on my Boss plow with some aftermarket units.
Everything was confirmed hooked up properly with the boss light adapters, however the harness had something going on with it that caused it to back feed the lights on the truck. Instead of spending days figuring it out, I wired in a light only harness for the new lights and removed the relays having issues on the boss harness.

100% functional, just have a few extra connections for the lights when I remove the plow to unplug.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts