Snowplow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using A Curtis plow (V4208A 72") on our Kubota RTV 900 for about eight years. It's the model that moves side-to-side hydraulically but has an electric lift. The plow has two heavy duty springs on either side. Last year, I saw that one of them had been stretched or pulled to the point where it kept falling off. I replaced it (not cheap), but now the new one is doing the same darned thing. Has anyone else had trouble with these springs? What do they even do? Can anyone think of why one spring would keep stretching to the point where the end isn't curved enough to stay in place. I tried putting the curve back into the end with a sledge hammer, but couldn't get it to budge.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Finally took some pics to post.

1. New spring (bought March 2019) on the left; old on on the right. You can see how badly the old one got pulled out of shape so that the "hook" is more likely to slip out of the eyebolt. The new one is better, but is already starting to show signs of the same problem (the bottom hook looks worse to me)

2. The new spring installed. Notice how precarious the hooks looks. It has slipped out once already this season.

3. Both springs in place. The new on is on the right. You can see the difference in the top hooks, and how much less curved and more precarious the right one is. The right eyebolt is visibly looser here so I could remove the spring. I've since tightened it, but am not confident that it will hold.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts